free website stats program Looking for a new windshield for 09 Flhx | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for a new windshield for 09 Flhx

Just bought a 2009 Street Glide. 5'9" with 28" inseam. ordered harley's reach seat. air turbulence over the stock windshield hits me about eye level. i am hoping the seat will fix that. if not then a taller windshield. thanks to all who posted with their experience.

Hey Doc...what size shield did you end up with after all.

I got the 8 inch with recurve and I'm totally happy. Rode 1200 miles in 5 days last month and never once daydreamed about what a taller shield would've been like so it must be just about right for me.

MAN...YOU GUYS ARE SHORT! Try being 6'7" and trying to find a windshield that's not plowing through the clouds above!:p

I just ordered mine - 8" inch recurve, Dark Gray Tint - I was told 3 - 4 weeks which should be just about right when the cold weather hits -

Wednesdsay I installed the 8" recurve from Clearview, Rode to work a couple times about 60 miles round trip and it works great for me. I am 6 ft. I dont think it is tall enough to hurt the looks of the SG,

Pops

Thanks Pop55, I was a little nervous about the look at with a jump of 4" more on the windshield. I also wasn't positive about the recurve but I read that it is must. I too am 6' with a 32 inch inseam sitting on a sundowner

Any pics of your new windshield on your SG?

Wednesdsay I installed the 8" recurve from Clearview, Rode to work a couple times about 60 miles round trip and it works great for me. I am 6 ft. I dont think it is tall enough to hurt the looks of the SG,

Pops

I agree. No matter how tall, as long as you can look over the shield and you get it in the dark grey or black, I still think it looks great.

Thanks Pop55, I was a little nervous about the look at with a jump of 4" more on the windshield. I also wasn't positive about the recurve but I read that it is must. I too am 6' with a 32 inch inseam sitting on a sundowner

Any pics of your new windshield on your SG?

I will try to get some pics tomorrow. I should also let you know I am using a stock seat.

Pops

I agree. No matter how tall, as long as you can look over the shield and you get it in the dark grey or black, I still think it looks great.

I went with the clear shield because I do a lot of night riding, I work the afternoon shift and sometimes on the way home I take the long way. wasn't sure how much of the road I would not see at night. I was expecting the critics at work (other Harley and metric riders) to ask why I didnt get the smoked shield nobody said anything bad about having the clear :D

Pops

Last edited by a moderator:
Klock Werks 6 and half is a great windshields it pins the front end to the road and cleans up the air coming over the top. check them out

Back