free website stats program looking for a little help with a roadking | Harley Davidson Forums

looking for a little help with a roadking

roadking2001nc

i have a roadking '01 and lefted it over the weekend ,and went to start it on tuesday , starts like it has a foul plug, and runs very rough. i changed the plugs and still the same , engine light comes on when in on postion, and off when starting, then back on , and stays on . got any ideas , thanks a lot , jerry

i have a roadking '01 and lefted it over the weekend ,and went to start it on tuesday , starts like it has a foul plug, and runs very rough. i changed the plugs and still the same , engine light comes on when in on postion, and off when starting, then back on , and stays on . got any ideas , thanks a lot , jerry

Harley Davidson Community start here:s

There is also very basic trouble shooting. Start and run the cold engine for around 10 seconds and shut it off. Very CAUTIOUSLY feel which header pipe is hot. The cooler, or cold one will be the trouble cylinder. Then it is either fuel or fire from there, either you have spark, suggesting a fuel problem, or you have a wet spark plug, suggesting fuel but no ignition. Then the deeper analyzing begins.

Back