free website stats program Looking for a Clearview Windshield in IL to look at | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for a Clearview Windshield in IL to look at

Ya know........that's the 64K$ question. What windshield works for everything? The answer is. None of em. This site has thousands of questions and opinions on this question. What's needed is a Rule of thumb answer.
Here's a few good rules ta go by, course, this is just my opinion:
1) Change your seat and handlebars first, if your gonna do that.
2) The height of a stock type windshield should be 2" lower than your line of sight, sitting straight on your bike.
3) A re-curve (laminer curve) windshield "rides" 2" to 4"'s higher than it really is.
4) The Major Maufacturers of Touring windshields are:
Harley Davidson: No Laminer Curves offered, Many Tints, Many Heights.
Clearview: Laminer curve, 4 tints, 9 heights 4-1/2" to 17-1/2", Thickest, Scratches can be rubbed out.
Klockwerks: Laminer curve, 2 tints, 4 heights 3-1/2" to 11-1/2".
Windvest: Laminer curve, 4 tints, 4 heights 8" to 14".

I bought a CV for my tri glide.EXCELLANT customer service;good price;very user friendly product.I would buy another CV should this one I have go south.

I also have a 2010 SG and have just fitted a 7 inch Freedom Shield (with 'aircurve')which is proving a big improvement over the stock one. I'm 5'11. Freedom will suggest you fit the shield and test ride it - they'll refund or exchange if you leave the protective coating on it. They're slightly thicker than stock but fit well in my opinion.

I've put about 500 miles on the bike with the windvest 9" recurve and I believe the air hits me at about the same height as the stock 12". No complaints and I definitely enjoy looking over instead of through it.

The CLearview recurve works great for me and they are very nice people to deal with. Guy there named Mark helped me. I bought a blemished and as far as I could tell there was nothing blemished about it. The recurve design works!!!!

I ride a 08 ultra classic, I am 6' & stock seat. I bought the 10.5" Clearveiw windsheild, love it. Would buy another but might try a 9" if they even have them. I look over the sheild by 1"-1.5". Certainly worth the money.

My Clearview windshield fit perfect. It came with new mounting hardware and foam strip attached. Great quality and a good company to deal with.

Ya know........that's the 64K$ question. What windshield works for everything? The answer is. None of em. This site has thousands of questions and opinions on this question. What's needed is a Rule of thumb answer.
Here's a few good rules ta go by, course, this is just my opinion:
1) Change your seat and handlebars first, if your gonna do that.
2) The height of a stock type windshield should be 2" lower than your line of sight, sitting straight on your bike.
3) A re-curve (laminar curve) windshield "rides" 2" to 4"'s higher than it really is.
4) The Major Maufacturers of Touring windshields are:
Harley Davidson: No Laminar Curves offered, Many Tints, Many Heights.
Clearview: Laminar curve, 4 tints, 9 heights 4-1/2" to 17-1/2", Thickest, Scratches can be rubbed out.
Klockwerks: Laminar curve, 2 tints, 4 heights 3-1/2" to 11-1/2".
Windvest: Laminar curve, 4 tints, 4 heights 8" to 14".

Billnapabill has basically covered the gamut...the final deal is CLARITY, a recurve may introduce distortion at the "fringes" which can be very distracting and the other is workmanship and materials...so finding the perfect one can be trying. I ended up with a Harley QR w/ light smoke tint and 2 1/2" below my sight horizon. No fancy recurve, with clarity and hardware very good quality. Others have played with the mounting angle and such, but sometimes simplicity just works, don't want to burn up brain cells when it is so much easier to just get out and ride! My Sportster is no touring bike, but after all the mods, it is a Sports Touring work horse that works for me. :D

Back