free website stats program Looking for a Clearview Windshield in IL to look at | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for a Clearview Windshield in IL to look at

SprChkn

Hello all,

In my quest to find the perfect windshield, I now have OEM 4inch, 7inch, 10inch, and 12inch. I then tried a National Cycle 10.5inch, but it was soooo rigid and thick that the shield wouldn't really conform to the curve of the fairing when tightened, which looked like it stressed the fairing a bit, and left gaps between the shield and fairing in the areas between the three bolts (where I was worried water could leak in).

I am now looking in to the clearview shields, which are the stock thickness, but are also advertized as being more rigid than stock. For those of you that have them, are they pliable enough that they conform to the contour of the fairing when secured, just like the stock ones do and not leave gaps? Even better, if anyone near Chicago has one I could take a look at it on their bike, that would be great!

Thanks

There are many members here who love the clearview shields.I personaly have a Klockwerks and love my shield.I have heard that if you contact clearview,they have blemmished shields they sell cheeply.

Perhaps giving them a call and trying a blemm shield would work for the wallet instead of paying full price for something you dont like.Some here have stated the blemmishes on those shields are so slight you'd never even see it if you werent looking for it.

I just received my clearview 9.5 inch windshield for my 2010 FLHTK and it fit perfectly with no gaps at all.If you go on Clearview website they list all the blems they have in stock and where the blemish is.Mine was not a blem and it is perfect,just make sure you get the recurve.

If height is you issue in your search for the perfect windshield, cut one of your OEM's and make it your own.

I have been debating between Klockwerks and Clearview windshields. The local shop here carries Klockwerks in stock. I might just go with them as its easy to return if it don't work for me.

You do not have a signature so we do not know what kind of bike you have or your current mods . But you should check into wind vest or clearview wind shields . If we know what year and what model bike you have it would help alot . Most members on this forum do not have a signature listing their model & mods & even the moderators are guilty of not having a proper signature .

When I ordered my Clearview windshield I emailed them with my height and inseam, they then suggested the perfect height windshield for me.

I just ordered a windvest 9" recurve, should be here by the end of the week, I'll let you know what I think. By the way I am 5' 10" with a 30" inseam.

i ride a rk so my sizes are diff, but clearview will talk you through the whole process. think about a recurve, which will let you have a shorter shield than normal..............bw

I have a 2010 Streetglide. I like the height of the OEM 10inch, which is really 9 3/4 inch as measured from the top of the fairing. My hope was that with a 9.5 inch recurve from clearview I could keep the same height but get a little extra protection.

Back