free website stats program Looking for A Bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for A Bike

Daraam

I need some help. (I hop this is the right place to ask) My Wife is 5'2" and wants a bike (Harley of course) she can stand flatfooted on while stopped. Any suggestions?

I need some help. (I hop this is the right place to ask) My Wife is 5'2" and wants a bike (Harley of course) she can stand flatfooted on while stopped. Any suggestions?

My wife has the Softail Deluxe with the reach seat and she loves it. She is about 5'2" 120 lbs and handles the bike very well...

If you are going to ride together on anything longer than an around town putt; I do not recommend a 883 for her as you ride a Softail.

I have a 01 Sporty 1200 For Sale, Bike has 3000 Miles on it and it is completely redone, I am asking $8000.00 for it, if interested let me know.
I know the Ladies Love them!

I am 5'3", 108 lbs, and ride a Softail Deluxe. I traded up from a Sporty. I think the Sporty was good for getting used to the weight, but I didn't ride it a lot because it felt top heavy to me. I went to the dealer and sat on EVERYTHING until I found one that felt right (and my husband kept reminding me the weight should not be a factor as I would ride it and not carry it). That was the deluxe. It was low to the ground and felt substantial enough to be comfortable at higher speeds. Bottom line - determine how she will ride and then have her sit on everything to find what feels right. She also has to like the way it looks or she will still be looking (I was).

Agree with most that Softail models have the lowest center of gravity and feel comfortable. Also agree that Sportster though it carries it's weight a little higher once lowered modestly at both ends by an inch or so turns into a very easiy handling machine and quite 100 to 150 lbs less weight. Either way you can't go wrong. Go to the HD dealer and test ride them both, let her make the choice.

i am 5'3", 108 lbs, and ride a softail deluxe. I traded up from a sporty. I think the sporty was good for getting used to the weight, but i didn't ride it a lot because it felt top heavy to me. I went to the dealer and sat on everything until i found one that felt right (and my husband kept reminding me the weight should not be a factor as i would ride it and not carry it). That was the deluxe. It was low to the ground and felt substantial enough to be comfortable at higher speeds. Bottom line - determine how she will ride and then have her sit on everything to find what feels right. She also has to like the way it looks or she will still be looking (i was).

perfect answer !!

Back