free website stats program Looking for a better seat (07 FLHR) | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for a better seat (07 FLHR)

PigSnot

Contributor
Just bought a 2007 Road King with the Reach seat. Looking for a better 'standard' seat; possibly the HD Comfort Stitch or Pillow-Look seat; Mustang One-Piece Touring seat, or the Saddlemen Road Sofa.
Comments, reviews, experiences and/or opinions are much appreciated.
Thank you

Not sure how they are made now, but the Mustang seat was very comfortable on my 2000 road king when I had it. I took many trips on it with little fatigue over the years. Don't rush in to buy a seat. Sit on everyone you can and then make a decision on which one you like the best.

Had the pillow top seat for the 03 RKC and loved it, Put the Sundowner on the 09 RKC and not real happy, May be do to my 08 Ultra seat is so much softer with a little higher back support, looking for a pillow seat or a 09 Ultra seat, do have the Sundowner for the 09 RKC if someone is interested PM me.

I had my 2009 seat modified for 100 bucks, did 3500 miles in a week and it was fine, the only problem I found was that it was vinyl not leather so the sweat factor kicked in, I borrowed the wifes sheepskin and I was fine.

I have had a pillow seat too wide ! made it where I couldent touch the ground like I wanted. had a factory 2000 rd king seat was okay but wanted more butt comfort! bought a mustang seat and Honey I"m Home! sets , rides great!

Have another thought to pass your way on the seat. I had a similar upgrade done to our 2up seating situation on our Electra Glide. Wife said the original was way too hard for comfortable riding. Found a place at knoplace.com that I shipped out seat to, they re-packed the whole seat with that jel stuff, re-sewed the original leather and replaced my torn front seat with all new leather. Cost was very reasonable, a lot less than new, and both of us get a better ride, longer, now.

I always like the Corbin seats. They are firm but confortable for long rides. Similar to seats in German cars, which are firm also. I am not sure if they make a version for your bike.

Theo.

Back