free website stats program Looking for 2008 fxdc anv owners | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for 2008 fxdc anv owners

Hi Mel,
My FXDC although a joy had an issue with valve noise and was cured by using a after market oil pressure spring . When I took it to the dealer they told me it was my jiffy stand and it was fixed. WRONG! I now need (badly) the 1k service and get no reply from three of the dealers in my local area of Connecticut. The fourth dealer is where I bought the bike but they are the farthest away and truthfully I don't like the ride there. Guess I should of thought of that when I made the purchase.
Mods? I changed the risers 1" up and 2" back a Mustang solo seat, Rush mufflers are on the way ( slash down w/1.75 baffles) as is a tank mod to raise the front 2" for (imo) better styling , cooling . Have you done any mods to yours or are you happy with the stock setup? ~ Nels

Nels' I know this is an old post, but lets not have some buyers remorse...a new HD is a JOY to ride, and your being here means you are in good hands if you decide and want to do the service yourself RIGHT! Very easy to do and there are tabs near the top of the page for you to review... Self Help Tips will get you plenty of methods to do the deed, and Search using keywords will get you to specific threads that will answer your questions. You will be more as ONE with your bike...and satisfaction will be seen by how wide your smile is in the wind! :D

Last edited:
gidday mate. i live in west australia and i have a 2008 fxdc #0836/2000. super happy with bike. have added thundermax ign,s/e air,v&h big radius 2in1 exh,t bars, smoke led lay back t/light, smoke turns, lay back plate,3" ext forward controls,diamond pegs. love the copper colour. next is 211 cams. only dislike is the play in primary but maybe just mine? have done 9000km never had oil leaks and its hot here. anyway enjoy it mate ,its a great bike

gidday mate. i live in west australia and i have a 2008 fxdc #0836/2000. super happy with bike. have added thundermax ign,s/e air,v&h big radius 2in1 exh,t bars, smoke led lay back t/light, smoke turns, lay back plate,3" ext forward controls,diamond pegs. love the copper colour. next is 211 cams. only dislike is the play in primary but maybe just mine? have done 9000km never had oil leaks and its hot here. anyway enjoy it mate ,its a great bike

I COULD NEVER FIGURE HOW YOU GUYS COULD RIDE THE BIKES UP SIDE DOWN but keep the shinny side UP... LOL

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie, they ride really, really fast over there so that they don't fall off. :D

i have a 2008 fxdc 105 anniversary #836/2000. i have added v&h big radius 2-1 exhaust, thundermax ign,s/e air, t bars, barrel grips, custom mirrors, 3" ext forward controls, layback smoke taillight/signals, 180 tyre . no problems with bike. done 9000km, love colour in sun. f..kn hot in australia but she loves it. cheers wayne

Nels' I know this is an old post, but lets not have some buyers remorse...a new HD is a JOY to ride, and your being here means you are in good hands if you decide and want to do the service yourself RIGHT! Very easy to do and there are tabs near the top of the page for you to review... Self Help Tips will get you plenty of methods to do the deed, and Search using keywords will get you to specific threads that will answer your questions. You will be more as ONE with your bike...and satisfaction will be seen by how wide your smile is in the wind! :D

HD FAN , I just ran across this post and felt a need to reply.
Buyers remorse? No! Just uhappy with a lousy diagnosis of my problem. I did find and fix the problem myself and have never been back to the dealer again. I am and have been a Harley owner/builder for a number of years and fixing one isn't a problem although I had to learn about ECU;s and FI but coming through the ranks with flat head, knuckles, pans, and shovels and skipping the evo and going to a twinkie, I have a working knowledge of the twin. BUT.. thank you for the information , this is what I like about the brotherhood ,biker helping biker.
In Fl now from Ct. for Bike week. ride safe

Back