free website stats program Looking at the new Fat Bob. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking at the new Fat Bob.

I put 6000km on my 2008 Fatbob, not one problem and love it!! The two things I don't like are the dual headlight, too metric looking and not masculine enough. The exhaust, too quiet and goofy looking. I put V&H bigshots on and they sound awesome. I will be changing the headlight out to a big 7" single HID dual bulb system... need better night riding light, I feel the stock is not good enough, I seem to out run the light... Overall I love my bike...

Looks awsome, sounds great!!!!

I like my Fat Bob it rides really well and sound nice through the sceamin eagle pipes, but the light that the twin head lamp puts out is'nt good, I not sure what happens in the US but in England one light is on in at a time between dip and main beam, but all the pictures and video I've seem both lamps are on at the same time, can any one explain this !! :D

I like my Fat Bob it rides really well and sound nice through the sceamin eagle pipes, but the light that the twin head lamp puts out is'nt good, I not sure what happens in the US but in England one light is on in at a time between dip and main beam, but all the pictures and video I've seem both lamps are on at the same time, can any one explain this !! :D

Euro spec, some rewire the lights to the original USA spec.

Hi M' one

do you have any idea how to do it, as it will look better and hopefully throw more light

Take off the light trim (two small AF allen screws at bottom of trim), the light assembly should just pull out. The light on the bikes right side is the low beam light, the wires going into the bulb connector should be Yellow (low beam 12V supply) and Black (Ground). The left light is the high beam light and the wires going in to this are White (high beam 12V supply) and Black (Ground). If you run a bridging wire from the Yellow wire to the White wire ( this can be done by stripping back enough insulate on the bridge wire and just slipping the wire into the connector and then clipping it back onto the bulb), this allows both lights to come on when you turn the bike on. Its worth noting that this means your high beam light (the left one) is on permanently so when you switch from low to high beam you will not see any difference and the blue high beam light on the tank console will always stay on. This is due to the bulbs being two pin (either off or on), it is possible to wire the lights up so as you always have a switchable low/high beam on both lights but this requires 3 pin bulbs, new connectors and an extra relay. IMO not worth it. At night both lights on make a big difference and even though high beam is on permanently it does'nt seem to bother other traffic. I would advise disconnecting the bridging wire before any MOT. Hope this helps, M'

Just an after thought, if you want both lights to be on only when you switch to high beam all you would have to do is disconnect the Yellow wire to the right side light and run another 12V supply wire from a fused accessory source. This would give you the right light on as normal with the switch on low beam and when you switch to high both would be on. You may be able to use the supply to the parking light (Orange & White wire) as the alternate 12V supply (splice into this and connect it into the low beam bulb where the Yellow wire went) , I'm not sure if it would allow the correct current flow to the halogen bulb, but may be worth a try. If you do disconnect any wires make sure you insulate the loose ends to prevent shorts.

Last edited:
Thanks for that M' one I'll give it a go after easter ( bike due back at the dealers on the 16th for a service )

All the best

Just traded in my '09 Sporty 1200 for the '10 Fat Bob. Still doing the 500-mile crawl, but loving the bike so far.

Handles very well, and is torquey like the 1200 was. I was worried that it might feel sluggish after 16k mi. on the 1200, but it doesn't. The 96 is all there when I'm ready to go.

I'VE HAD 15 HARLEYS IN MY LIFE. MY FAVORITE HAS BEEN MY 2002 SPRINGER..... BUT THE FAT BOB I ACQUIRED LAST NOVEMBER IS GOING TO TRUMP THAT. side note..... I WANTED TO GET THE DENIM BLACK BUT IT WASN'T AVAILABLE, AND ENDED UP WITH VIVID BLACK..... VERY HAPPY!!!! EVERYONE HAS A DENIM BLACK ONE...

Don't do the banjo bob suggestion, all current flows through the ignition switch, and will melt it.... Trust me i did it and it happened to me

Back