free website stats program Looking at the new Fat Bob. | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking at the new Fat Bob.

I own a 09 Fat Bob and really like it. Don't have many miles yet(900) but have had no problems. feels well planted in turns and straights. I think w/stage 1 upgrade, new exhaust it'll be ready for some dry weather riding. I'd advise to demo as many Dyna's that you can, then choose one. They are all nice

I own an 08 and I love it. I changed the air cleaner (Stage1), replaced the pipes for the Screaming Egle Pipes (see Avatar) and invested in the Engine upgrade to 103 (StageIII) and I am super happy with my ride. (100HP-105 TQ) Very cool. :18:

The only thing I don't like is the excessive front end vibration from idle to high RPM. The vibration is felt more, possiby because of the large front tire. I had it checked and they said everything is normal. Same as a brand new one in the store. After 3,000 miles it's better but nowhere as smooth as my Road King, however, it's a much sportier ride than my Road King.

R2KVET

The Fatbob handles well and the brakes are good (for a Harley), stage 1 is a must as the stock pipes and fueling are restrictive. I've never experienced any front end vibration at any RPM range! In all its a great ride and it suits the twisty roads and my riding style, but get out there and test ride one for yourself:D

Ditto, love my 08 FatBob. As stated, the stock pipes are too quite and for 1584cc's, the engine is restricted as stock. Went with KromeWerks 3" slip-ons. Sound is awesome and they look the same as stock. Love the Tommy Gun rap around pipes. S/E ac and PCIII. Had it Dyno'd and gained 12 in hp and 10 in torque. She runs great. Handles beautifully. I went with the denium black and with some Pledge on the chrome, I'm ready to ride. Love the duel headlight look and ligits up the road nice. Your butt sits 25in off the ground. I'm 5'10" and stopped my feet at flat on the road. This bike comes with a very comfortable seat. I have found no vibration in the front end. But then again it is a Harley so we can expect some shaking. You'll love it.

Bought a brand new 2009 Vivid Black Fat Bob back in August 2008. I've put 7,000 maintenance free miles on it. Love the bike. The engineering is superb. Made some changes to suit my taste.

Vance & Hines Big Shot Staggered Pipes
Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather
Screaming Eagle Race Tune
Sundowner Solo Seat (put stock seat back on for 2 up rides)
Extended length foot pegs for forward controls (stock pegs too small)
Screaming Eagle "Red" plug wires.(look great against blacked out motor)

The fat tires are a real plus and make those pot holes and (edited) roads less of a bother.

The Fat Bob will become a very popular bike for Harley-Davidson when the word gets around.

P.S.

If you buy a Fat Bob you're in for a surprise. Harley riders won't wave because they mistake the dual headlamps for a metric rider........Whatever. Personally I like the dual lamps, they throw a lot of light. As for other Harley riders, when I pass them I let my pipes do the talking. "This ain't no metric baby."
"Whose your daddy ?" Fat Bob.

Please read this...
[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought a brand new 2009 Vivid Black Fat Bob back in August 2008. I've put 7,000 maintenance free miles on it. Love the bike. The engineering is superb. Made some changes to suit my taste.

Vance & Hines Big Shot Staggered Pipes
Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather
Screaming Eagle Race Tune
Sundowner Solo Seat (put stock seat back on for 2 up rides)
Extended length foot pegs for forward controls (stock pegs too small)
Screaming Eagle "Red" plug wires.(look great against blacked out motor)

The fat tires are a real plus and make those pot holes and (edited) roads less of a bother.

The Fat Bob will become a very popular bike for Harley-Davidson when the word gets around.

P.S.

If you buy a Fat Bob you're in for a surprise. Harley riders won't wave because they mistake the dual headlamps for a metric rider........Whatever. Personally I like the dual lamps, they throw a lot of light. As for other Harley riders, when I pass them I let my pipes do the talking. "This ain't no metric baby."
"Whose your daddy ?" Fat Bob.

I agree on the foot pegs. What did you go with and how much longer are they? I find my boots rub on ht heat sheild.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I never got turned on by the Dyna Line until the Fat Bob. Was test riding a Night Train, (didn't like it but for the looks), and saw the Fat Bob. Test rode it and had to have it. The rest is, as they say, history. Go for it. You won't be dissappointed.

Attachments

• Picture 0010.jpg
    Picture 0010.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 143
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 158
  • Fat Bob @ Inverness 008.jpg
    Fat Bob @ Inverness 008.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Back