free website stats program Looking at purchasing a FLHTK with 19,000 miles any concerns? or should I wait? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking at purchasing a FLHTK with 19,000 miles any concerns? or should I wait?

Just a thought, but about 1 month ago Dallas Harley had some brand new 2010 's and 1 in that color combo left.. brand new $ 22900.00.. I looked real hard at it...

I would not be afraid of buying a used bike with only 19,000 miles on it with one owner. but I would be afraid of buying a used or new bike with out looking at it really close and test ridding it. I have never bought something new in my life. and new and used bikes have one thing in common.....they break. so if it sounds good, rides good, and looks good then I would say go for it. they are all going to give you problems eventually:D so ge the warrenty if you are worried about that.

My two cents:

Are you gonna finance the bike? If so, the differential in payments on a brand new bike, and this one year old bike that has 19K miles will be marginal. Your decision of course. As the post above suggested, look around carefully to make sure you can not find a new 2010 in the same color scheme for about the same price.

TQ

IF ME,, I would drop the offer by 800$$ of what they dropped on the phone..

I also would insist on NEW front and rear tires IF not on already.

sound like a good deal to me... I have 19,000 on my Late in Year 09 FLHR and IT is NOT damaged in any way.... Sounds like the guy does put on the miles.. and I would want to SEE the oil change intervals IF available.... You never know,,,, IF he traded in every year, HE Might of ran it with out a oil change..

signed....BUBBIE

IF ME,, I would drop the offer by 1800$$ of what they dropped to on the phone..

Sounds like the guy does put on the miles.. and I would want to SEE the oil change intervals IF available (service records) Making sure THEY DO or DID the 20,000 mile one.... You never know,,,, IF he trades in every year, HE Might of ran it with out a oil change for all those miles..

signed....BUBBIE

The above is A modified of my original.... and where I would be on the price..

I have over 18k on mine and have ahd no ploblems. I would not worry about the mileage. The Limited come with an oil cooler so you should be fine as long as the required maintenance was done to it. Ask for the receipts, cut another $500 from the price for the 20k service and give them a down payment. The front fender on the 2011 models are not as nice as the 2010 model. JMO You will love the bike.

I wouldn't hesitate on the model at all (I have two 2010 FLHTKs including one in Merlot and Cherry... beautiful bike).

Keep in mind that this is a "buyer's market" and the dealer likely gave the last owner around $16-$18k on the trade. The retail price ranges $18.4k-$23.4k on that bike (according to NADA), so with no upgrades or aftermarket items, I think $18k would be a good starting point for negotiation.

NOTE: Keep in mind that a dealer will almost never ask more than the "high retail" on a used bike due to the inability for a buyer to obtain financing (this is not always the case with private party sales). Therefore, knocking about $3-4k off a used asking price is a pretty good ballpark.

Back