Looking at purchasing a FLHTK with 19,000 miles any concerns? or should I wait?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by HDBuck, Nov 22, 2010.

1. HDBuck

HDBuck Member

Found a 2010 FLHTK merlot/sunglo the color and pattern I have been looking for online at a HD dealer but it has 19,000 miles on it, any concerns with that many miles was told that the guy is retired and trades ever year and has it serviced at the dealership. Would like lower mileage but this was a custom color and I have my heart set on it, if i wait will I find another one in this color? Would like to buy before spring.

Owners of FLHTK's have you been happy with your purchase? Seems like a Great bike with all the extras included.

Thanks
    Buck

2. glenalt

glenalt Junior Member

I have one the same year/color and love the bike. The miles shouldn't matter if the price is right.

3. HDBuck

HDBuck Member

What is the right price? they wanted 22,500 got them to 21,500 after 10 min. on the phone. The bike is completely stock with new tires and in new condition he said.

4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

If not worried about purchasing a pre-owned bike in great shape for the same money that would buy a new classic I would have to say that the decision to purchased a 1 owner limited would be the way to go. I would ask about 20k service and if it has been done along with the new tires that would seal the deal.

5. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Is the warranty on a new bike transferable?

As long as you had a good amount of warranty, I think you may be OK. Without warranty, I would have to take a really close look no matter how good it shines.

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

The balance of the 2 year warranty should transfer , and may still be eligible for ESP I would plan on that one JMO

7. artfuentes

artfuentes Active Member

You probably already know this but the 2011 came out with the colors reversed. It looks nice as well. I have the 2010 FLHTK in red and black, I love the bike. After a few mod's I couldn't be happier.....In CA the 2010 Merlot/Sunglo is sold out, but their are several of the 2011's around. They sticker at 26k, if that helps....

8. kemo

kemo R.I.P

I wouldn't be concerned at all with the miles. As Jack said the warranty should be transferable and the ESP should be available. If it is the bike and colour that you want go for it.
    kemo

9. HDBuck

HDBuck Member

Great looking pictures! Wife is definitely stuck on this color.

Yes it is in warranty till April 2012.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
  10. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Sounds like a good deal, 19k miles not a big deal...the warranty and ESP intact is great, if it pushes all the right buttons and your financially comfortable, sounds like a winner. :D