free website stats program Looking at a 2004 FLHRS | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking at a 2004 FLHRS

The Road King is a great blend of the touring format without all the electronics that you will have to work on or replace at some point. Of course, my opinion is biased......

The name "King" says it all. With the easy of removal of bags and shield you have 2 bikes in 1.

Are there any problems with the 2004 Road King Custom?

The RK Custom is the same bike as all other Road Kings, except it has less chrome, different bags, beach bars and it sits about 1-1/2" lower than other HD naggers. It was designed to be more of a laid back, tough-looking cruiser, for shooting up the coast on a relaxed afternoon. As compared to the more formal, glittery RK.

Actually, all of the tour guide bikes use the same frame, engine and parts. It's the extras and suspension height that make them different.

As me how I know all this!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 3
One more thing. The RK Custom uses a different seat than other touring bikes. It makes finding a replacement seat on the previously owned market (should you want to get one that way) a bit more difficult. I did find my Mustang seat on Craigslist, of all places. You can find them new, however. But don't make the mistake of buying a standard Road King seat. It won't fiit properly.

One more thing. The RK Custom uses a different seat than other touring bikes. It makes finding a replacement seat on the previously owned market (should you want to get one that way) a bit more difficult. I did find my Mustang seat on Craigslist, of all places. You can find them new, however. But don't make the mistake of buying a standard Road King seat. It won't fiit properly.

I have a 2004 Road King Custom. I love it! The original seat was a little hard, so I had it redone to be a little softer. Some people hate the beach bars, but I like them alright. I may change to some heritage bars next year to see if I like them better. I like the simple pleasure of riding without all the electronic doo-dads in my face. :)

Back