free website stats program Longest trip | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Longest trip

Cedarbrook63, a couple more pictures for you.

Just learned that the same images can't be posted on more than one thread. So, to see some unusual bikes that were at Sturgis, go to the thread "Question Re: posting images."

Last edited:
Just learned that the same images can't be posted on more than one thread. So, to see some unusual bikes that were at Sturgis, go to the thread "Question Re: posting images."

Thank you Jim - I'll do that when I get home from work tonight:D.
Have a good day.

Well I am by no means trying to say I am salty, but I just got back from a 4 day trip from Pearce Arizona to Lees Summit Missouri. I really learned alot and I got the pleasure of fighting some of those storms that rolled through. Two days and all I traveled was 500 miles, lot of snow and rain. Totall trip was about 1400 hundred miles. Nothing compared to you guys that have been riding for a long time. Well anyways cant wait untill next summer and maybe plan a better trip. Be safe everyone and take care!!
:cheers
Sounds like a great time. I made the KC to Phoenix and back just a few weeks ago-I must be lucky, cuz I missed most of the rain. Took 2 days down, and 2 day back, Amarillo being the overnight stop each way. The mesas across New Mexico were my favorite. Stopped at the Grand Canyon, that's a pretty impressive hole!
Next summer is planned for Garden of the Gods, and Colorado River road through Utah.
Robin

You guys are very lucky to ride in country landscaped by God!
:ENGLAND:UK:ENGLANDEngland is beautiful, don't get me wrong and I love it dearly but I'm talking about SCALE and GRANDEUR here (as well as not so much rain :D:D:D). I often daydream of riding through desert on a RKC (my next HD I've decided) with the sun at my back. Then I tell myself - it's not a daydream, it's a plan.....:s

Sturgis is well worth the trip if u have never been The canyons are a very nice ride a little crowded try a few days before the rally the vendors are usually already there. Used to make the run from my home in minnesota to Sturgis in 10 hrs flat. 660 miles each way Enjoy it if u go, Jack

Well thanks for all the input guys, and Cedarbrook63 all I can say is make that plan and stick to it!! I have to be a little arrogant about this country we do have some beutiful places to see; and rigidthumper you are right that is a big hole, the Garden of the Gods is awesome to see.
I have never been to Sturgis will one day, I am planning on making it to Bikers Blues and Barbeque next fall in Arkansas. I hear its a real good time.
Cedarbrook63 get over here and if I am available I would be glad to show ya around! Be safe yall

Well thanks for all the input guys, and Cedarbrook63 all I can say is make that plan and stick to it!! I have to be a little arrogant about this country we do have some beutiful places to see; and rigidthumper you are right that is a big hole, the Garden of the Gods is awesome to see.
I have never been to Sturgis will one day, I am planning on making it to Bikers Blues and Barbeque next fall in Arkansas. I hear its a real good time.
Cedarbrook63 get over here and if I am available I would be glad to show ya around! Be safe yall

Thanks CJ :D. Be good to ride with you one day. I'm going to do it and I'll let ya know and see if you're around!

Cedarbrook63 and Rigidthumper, you guys have reminded me of a joke I heard a few years ago while taking a walking tour at the Garden of the Gods. The guide pointed up to the sky and said that it was "Colorado blue." Then he said that he knew that my wife and I would say that it was "California Blue." We nodded at the joke and then he turned to the couple who were visiting from England and asked them what they would call it. They looked at each other and then said in unison, "A miracle." :)

Cedarbrook63 and Rigidthumper, you guys have reminded me of a joke I heard a few years ago while taking a walking tour at the Garden of the Gods. The guide pointed up to the sky and said that it was "Colorado blue." Then he said that he knew that my wife and I would say that it was "California Blue." We nodded at the joke and then he turned to the couple who were visiting from England and asked them what they would call it. They looked at each other and then said in unison, "A miracle." :)

Blue sky? Blue? what're you on about Jim? I think you've been inhaling the exhaust again:bigsmiley24::bigsmiley24:

A road trip is just a bunch of day trips strung together. Instead of riding out 200 miles and returning home, you ride 400 miles and home is where you're at that night. In 2008 I left home on May 4th, rode some 20,000 miles and returned home late that Sept. In 2009 I left the first week of June and returned in August after a mishap that totaled my bike and landed me in a Tennessee hospital for the night. Plan was not to return home til late October after Biktoberfest. So I bought the new bike in late October as a consolation and preparation for the coming Spring and 2010 ride. ... Oh, I pull a camper behind the bike, set up camp and ride an area out for a week or two, then move on.

Back