free website stats program LONG WET RIDE CT to Charlotte,NC | Harley Davidson Forums

LONG WET RIDE CT to Charlotte,NC

Jonas

Left my brothers house in CT at 10:00 A.M. yesterday. Made it home at 1:00 A.M. this morning. First five hours through CT, NY, and Pa, Rain, Rain, Rain. About 1/2 through PA it dried up and had perfect riding weather, 10 hours of riding to dry off. Then the sky opened up again 10 miles from my house. Went from completely dry to 100% soaked. My friend Lee that road with me turned off to go to his house, right before the rain. No idea how lucky he was.

15 Hours 825 miles. Full moon last night, cool temps, the ride through VA was beautiful.

Rained the first four hours on the way up too.

FYI WD40 works great for removing melted rain suite from exhaust pipes.

Glad you made it home safe, even if you were wet. Live in Va and you're right the nights have been great.

Any ride you make it there/back safely is a good one. Even though it rained it's still gotta feel great to be out in the elements. Definitely not planning to get wet, but still sounded like a gr8 day.

Any ride you make it there/back safely is a good one. Even though it rained it's still gotta feel great to be out in the elements. Definitely not planning to get wet, but still sounded like a gr8 day.

Would not trade it. Was a great ride. We planned on leaving my brother's at 7:00 am to make it home by 10:00. But we decided to wait a couple hours in hopes of the rain letting up. No dice, but I would have missed the great night ride on 81 across VA., if we left on time. So it worked out. Red bull at the last couple gas stops made it hard to go to sleep when I got home.

I remember the first time I got caught in the rain without raingear. Even though the weatherman was saying it was going to be a nice day I should have known. Now I allways carry raingear. Welcome home.

Back