free website stats program Long Trip Seat Comfort | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Long Trip Seat Comfort

Rod, There is an elastic band in front and one toward the rear. The front one just slides between the tank and the seat (although you could wrap it under the seat retaining bracket by taking the seat completely off) and the rear one needs the seat screw taken off to slip it under the seat. You could just sit on it but if you get excited and stand up you could lose your investment...... The most important thing is to not have much air in it. Tough to do because it seems wrong in theory but take my word for it. Experiment and you'll know what you like. I still love it after 6 months and it will go with me when I get the Ultra Classic someday.....

I guess there's as many seat preferences as there are butts to put in them! I love my Sundowner BUT I haven't done more than a 300 mile day yet and it doesn't do anything for the large sweat spot on your jeans.

Here's the answer for that, Doc. Works like a charm, keeps your "seat" cool and dry. Gotta take it off for the cooler weather though, or else, BRRRRR!

BeadRider - Beaded Motorcycle Seats

Sorry all. Didn't realize I had already commented on this thread.
Jammr

Last edited:
i went with the HD Road Zep. allows me and the the wife on the back to each adjust our seat firmness. really was a great impovement over the stocker, and it makes the long rides much more comfortable.

DSC03433-1.jpg

Corbin heated for me,wife loves it and she hates it when I spend $$$.It got me lower and no more butt pain.The seat is much stiffer on the bike than stock.I think it helped the wobble a bit also.

Rod, There is an elastic band in front and one toward the rear. The front one just slides between the tank and the seat (although you could wrap it under the seat retaining bracket by taking the seat completely off) and the rear one needs the seat screw taken off to slip it under the seat. You could just sit on it but if you get excited and stand up you could lose your investment...... The most important thing is to not have much air in it. Tough to do because it seems wrong in theory but take my word for it. Experiment and you'll know what you like. I still love it after 6 months and it will go with me when I get the Ultra Classic someday.....

What size would be best for the Ultra Classic? I see they say that either the large or medium will fit, but which would be better?

Back