free website stats program Long Trip Seat Comfort | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Long Trip Seat Comfort

Using the 07 FLHT stock seat. Suffering from numb butt. Looked at all the threads pertaining to seats and it lists Corbin, Musatang, Sundowner etc. and such. I'm kinda hestitant to buy a seat online and fine out it doesn't do the job. Went to the dealer and they have a sheep skin gel pack for a couple of hundred bucks, has anyone used these and how did it work out. Willing to waste a few hundred and find out it didn't work than waste 4 or 5 hundred on a seat that doesn't work.

Everyone that rides touring bikes what do you like, remember I ride two up for long distances and if she isn't happy I won't be happy.

I have an 08 Ultra Classic. When I sat on seat at dealership, it felt great but I didn't realize that this feeling would go away after 100 mile ride. (Factory seats are designed to be showroom comfortable and they do sell the bike) SO, I bought a mustang regal touring seat and Although most people would disagree, I did not like it and my butt still hurt. I then was referred to a company called Butt Buffer.

Motorcycle Seat Cushions Motorcycle Gel Seat Cushions Motorcycle Seat Cushions For Sale

I sent my stock seat to them and they rebuilt the seat using a dry polymer. I am extremely happy with the results and so is my butt and my wallet for that matter.
And, the look is OEM. You can't tell by looking that the seat was redone, but your butt can. Oh and the significant female likes the comfort too. ( almost forgot this most important fact):bigsmiley16:

Zamadan I used mean city cycles to redo me stock seat on my eg and so far I'm well pleasr with it Glider put me on to this shop. You call for an app. for your seat to be there and they do a two day trun around. The cost was 190.00 plus shipping and that was for both ends got to keep the boss happy or nobody and no thing is happy.

Man, we all have different ideas about what it takes to have a comfortable seat. Mustangs are good, Corbin (if the fit is right) but for my money, and yours, as none of these seats are all that cheap---I'd seriously consider a custom made. I've been using one now for a couple years. Let me tell you---those bragging about all their "long hauls" and feeling fine...well...some people just don't like to admit their seats aren't really what they're cracked up to be. Truly, find a custom designer, do the measurements...talk about it. You may be pleasantly surprised. Rich's in Seattle did mine and I will always go to him.
Just some thoughts. Good luck whatever you decide.
Happy trails.

Luke

I guess there's as many seat preferences as there are butts to put in them! I love my Sundowner BUT I haven't done more than a 300 mile day yet and it doesn't do anything for the large sweat spot on your jeans.

As far as price, I still think online through Zanotti's is the best deal out there if you want a Harley seat.

I am a road Zepplin man. I have an 07flhtcu and what a difference the zep made. I got mine from St. Paul HD off ebay and it has increased my riding distance by 4 times!! With the stock seat, after one full day of riding I would have to stop about every 50-60 miles just to stand up. With the zep, day 2 of riding is easy going tank to tank. One drawback I hear is it does raise you up about 2" but I am 6'2 and that is not a problem for me. It actually made it better for foot position.

Good luck these guys here will always steer you the right way when it comes to HD.

Steve

The wife and I swear by the Mustang seat and passenger combo. Best investment I ever made!! Great people there too that stand behind their product.

I have the Mustang seat & passenger pad on my 87 FXRC and the stock seat on the 07 UC ---- Like both set-ups.

I have a 08 Softail Classic I am in the shopping mode for a new seat, I have heard that some of the gel packs leak? My wife refuses to ride any more than 100 miles cause her backside hurts she states. Any info is good info

A couple weeks ago I went from Connecticut to Sturgis to Denver to Kentucky and back to Connecticut...5000 miles in 7 days, on a 06 RK with a Sundowner Touring Bucket seat and an Alaskan Leather Sheepskin.

If you are going on a LONG haul, I don't care what you are sitting on, you're gonna get fidgety, it just means it's probably time to stop for gas and stretch awhile.

Whatever you get, you won't know for sure, till you put some miles on whatever you are trying out.

This spring I had Allen at Mean City Cycles rebuild mine. He asked my height and weight and what I was riding. He knew what he was doing, trimmed the front and reshaped with memory foam and it's great. In July I did 2300 miles from Texas to Kentucky and back with a bunch of riding up there. I knew it was going to be pushing 100 degrees so I found an "Airhawk" for just over $120 on Ebay and after finding the right adjustment for me it really saved my ass. 870 miles in one day comming home in 100+ temps. It's like a waffle design and kept me aired out with no monkey butt. I'll brag on both all day long

Back