free website stats program Long Days Ride | Harley Davidson Forums

Long Days Ride

Goofuss

Hey all, next month I am going on about a 700 mile day trip. Going half way to Kanas City Ks to pick up my cousin and bring him back to Mi. I had a thought of getting a pair of biking shorts with the gel pad in them. Just wondered if anybody has tried this and how did it work?

I have bike pants with gel pads and have thought of putting them on under my jeans while rideing the fatboy, but haven't tried it yet. If you do it let us know how it works out.

The most I have done in a day is 200 miles. This wont be far enough for the iron butt. I wonder if they have a copper or a lead butt?

i tried it yrs ago and found it really uncomfortable, i now use kevlar jeans and have no problems, cycle shorts for me are best left for the pedal bike were they can actually do the anti chaffing thing

Hobbit, I just had a feeling if anyone had tried this it would be you. You really need to come over to my neighborhood, we have some great roads for the motors and some awesome trails for the pedals. And some of the best brew and wines you can get.

I plan on drinking a lot of water. I know even on a 40 mile ride to work I am thirsty when I get there.

Back