Loctite here?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Redman, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Redman

Redman Active Member

Just installed some Rush slip ons on the 09 flhx...I am wondering if I should use loctite on the two hanger bolts on each side. Also used a bead of high temp gasket caulk on inside of slip ons before tightening up....should I use loctite on that bolt on each side. Thanks for the help.

2. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

In my opinion I don't think you can go wrong using some. You can't beat Loctite #246 for high heat or #243 for normal temp.

You will need to use a heat gun to undo #246.

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Guest

As Hoople said, and you can use anti sieze on the mufflers to aide in easier install and easy to remove

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I installed a set of Rush slip ons with 1 1/2" baffles and "compatable" tips yesterday. I took a 45 minute ride, came home and took them off. It sounds like the bike is in a big culvert, and my seat of the pants didn't notice any performance increase over the Screamin Eagle slip ons. If the 1 1/2" are the quietest, I don't want to hear the 2 1/2" ones. :newsmile07:
    Please let us know what your opinion is sound and performance wise (what size baffles). I may have to give them another try.
    And YES, I use blue loctite on the hanger bolts.

5. Redman

Redman Active Member

Thanks gents...the 2.0 baffles are great...mellow rumble at idle and not too loud during excell.