free website stats program Loctite here? | Harley Davidson Forums

Loctite here?

Redman

Just installed some Rush slip ons on the 09 flhx...I am wondering if I should use loctite on the two hanger bolts on each side. Also used a bead of high temp gasket caulk on inside of slip ons before tightening up....should I use loctite on that bolt on each side. Thanks for the help.

In my opinion I don't think you can go wrong using some. You can't beat Loctite #246 for high heat or #243 for normal temp.

You will need to use a heat gun to undo #246.

In my opinion I don't think you can go wrong using some. You can't beat Loctite #246 for high heat or #243 for normal temp.

You will need to use a heat gun to undo #246.

As Hoople said, and you can use anti sieze on the mufflers to aide in easier install and easy to remove

Just installed some Rush slip ons on the 09 flhx...I am wondering if I should use loctite on the two hanger bolts on each side. Also used a bead of high temp gasket caulk on inside of slip ons before tightening up....should I use loctite on that bolt on each side. Thanks for the help.

I installed a set of Rush slip ons with 1 1/2" baffles and "compatable" tips yesterday. I took a 45 minute ride, came home and took them off. It sounds like the bike is in a big culvert, and my seat of the pants didn't notice any performance increase over the Screamin Eagle slip ons. If the 1 1/2" are the quietest, I don't want to hear the 2 1/2" ones. :newsmile07:
Please let us know what your opinion is sound and performance wise (what size baffles). I may have to give them another try.
And YES, I use blue loctite on the hanger bolts.

Thanks gents...the 2.0 baffles are great...mellow rumble at idle and not too loud during excell.

Back