free website stats program Loctite BLUE | Harley Davidson Forums

Loctite BLUE

harleybiker

I ordered and received Loctite BLUE,(the removeable one, not the permanent) to use on my oil drain plug after I change the oil. Should I or shouldn't I use it? Is it necessary or is the O-ring sufficent? Thanks.

hb

I have never seen loctite work well with oily threads,, and I am sure the female threads were covered in oil. (?)

I could never understand why some automotive supplier didn't come out with Delrin drain plugs with "crush fit" threads.

They wouldn't leak, they would be pennies to replace and they could never strip out anything.

Granted, I'd never get rich building them, but I do have bags of money from modeling in GQ...

Loctite does not work good for long periods of time with oily threads, New O ring and Permatex brush on teflon from Napa Good to go:s

Loctite does not work good for long periods of time with oily threads, New O ring and Permatex brush on teflon from Napa Good to go:s

Don't get the HD o-ring, you can buy the same thing from the other HD(Home Depot) and get 10 or more for the same $. the little tube of teflon goes a long way and works great.

I use a smaller O.D. O-ring, it fits the machined taper better and doesn't tear.

Tourist, What month? :s

wilks3
:USA

Back