free website stats program Locked up | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Locked up

Mine actually unlocks fine but when turning the key to the lock possition the key is hard to remove, so I giggle the bars and apply a little extra pressure in the lock direction and out it comes. WD40 only made it slightly better.

Glad you got it unlocked. This may be my first official post that helped someone out. Feel pretty good about it, think I'll go have a beer now. :s

Have a couple for me and thank you I quit a long time ago. I was very good at it they tell me. :newsmile030:

Yes it was, I sprayed fluid film directly into the lock with the red hose attached. I then sat on the bike and wiggled the bars as I trying the key. It almost felt like I broke something (light) when it released.

This was the best solution from having a pad lock hanging on bike while riding. Plus it means only having to need one key for both locks. Some guys would lock lock to belt loop on pants. Wonder how much damage would happen if belt looped failed while riding and lock fell off???

This was the best solution from having a pad lock hanging on bike while riding. Plus it means only having to need one key for both locks. Some guys would lock lock to belt loop on pants. Wonder how much damage would happen if belt looped failed while riding and lock fell off???

That is Probably where some of the locked Locks came from I have seen along the highways of travel..

Sure is a BETTER system NOW DAYS even IF tight..... IT WILL loosen in time and over continued use..

It is Only Normal to have to Jiggle and turn on Most bikes.(.)

Yes DR. Evil,,,,, have a Cold one... You deserve it.. I have seen MANY post you have helped out a problem ON....

JUST being a member and responding to a post is Helpful....

I always feel a Little BAD when the Poster ASKS for your opinion please....

OPINION,,,, I go WILD sometimes and feel BAD late.... I'd like to remove my OPINION but it is TOO Late and it is just that : MY OPINION.....

I had a talk with Glider and WE both mentioned Some New members here that Haven't been around Long.... Doing a wonderful JOB on HDT.com...

You see a lot LESS of the moderation Crew HAVING to answer questions....

I told Glider MY Post Count wasn't going up as fast as it used to BECAUSE the newer Members were answering the questions Fast and VERY Good answers Leaving NO comments Needed By Me..

THANKS ALL

signed....BUBBIE

I told Glider MY Post Count wasn't going up as fast as it used to BECAUSE the newer Members were answering the questions Fast and VERY Good answers Leaving NO comments Needed By Me..

Sheeesh Bubbie, I for one look forwrd to your post, comments and even your caps! :D

You see a lot LESS of the moderation Crew HAVING to answer questions....

THANKS ALL

signed....BUBBIE
Bubbie,
Thats because you Masters have taught us Grasshoppers very well.
Thank you for sharing your great wisdom.........:s
dbmg

Agreed. Sometimes makes me want to create an issue with my bike just so I can get sage advice from the pros.:gh keep the questions coming so us silent participants can learn more on the go. thanks for this site.

Sheeesh Bubbie, I for one look forwrd to your post, comments and even your caps! :D

Bubbie you are one of a kind, but it is kind of nice to sit back and watch for a change aint it, that is why this is the best Forum, All the info one needs is pretty much already here in the self help section, It is your Great Live and Learn lessons that Speak VOLUMES, CAPS INTENDED, Capital Jack:s

If WD40 is a little to "runny"...I use Dripless Oil...put in on both sides of my key and insert into ignition and lock (mine are conventional slot type keys). For Barrel type locks it would work, but getting it in there is a lot tougher...haven't found a method that works well to lube them...maybe Dry Slide with needle applicator?

BTW, I have noticed that there has been more participation from members to help answer questions and are very creative with their solutions! To those who take the time to help...I am sure I speak for all the Moderators here...THANK YOU...! :D and that is intended especially to CAPITAL JACK...just in case the echos don't carry all the way from SoCal...!:newsmile075:

Boy talk about highjacking a thread LOL the only thing not locked up are all the good feeling pouring out from awesome members I guess!
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back