free website stats program Location of paint code | Harley Davidson Forums

Location of paint code

FLJoe

I have a 1993 FLH that met with a car back in Dec. trying to find paint codes so my PPG guy can mix it up for me. Is there anywhere on the bike that the codes are located/ We have found one color through a bit of trial and error, Bright Victory Red Sunglow, but the other color is proving elusive. It is a 2 tone bike and without the second color I am in a jam.

You may want to check for a sticker under the fuel tank and/or inside the front fairing. It should list the part number and on newer models it's followed by a suffix. For instance on mine it ends in DH which is the color code for Vivid Black. May be worth taking a look if you're tearing the bike down. Otherwise Bodeen probably already has you covered.

Thanks guys. I have that list of paint colors, that is how we found the Bright Victory Red, my paint guy is a real gem, he mixed up the other three sunglow colors for 93 and none of them matched. I will look at the fairing tomorrow, it is at his shop. I am reluctant to pull the gas tank off, first off it is full, and it doesn't need to be repaired, just the front fender and fairing got damaged.

They put stickers under the fenders as well but they're usually hard to read if not impossible due to road grime and debris. The cleanest ones I've found are usually under the tank. Try a mirror and a flashlight and you may get a peek at it.
WAP.gif

Was told from my Locle Harley Shop, that I can only get a small bottle of Touch up paint for my 2012 Root beer limited. I remember a post where somebody mentioned how to find other places to get matching paint! Help!!!
WAP.gif

Back