free website stats program Live long! Ride hard! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Live long! Ride hard!

Back in my younger days, I was always playing ball, spent quite a few years racing mountain bikes before it was cool, :D Loved riding in the woods, but I didn't have the knowledge I do now of eating right. :s But, I did pretty good overall, then I caught the lazy boy disease, gained a bit of weight, but in the last year I have made a few changes in my eating habits, (read, cut out the pasta 3 or 4 nights a week) and now I'm back to a healthy weight again. :D

I have played around with some different work out programs, P90X, and right now I'm working on the Insanity. I really like the Insanity program, quick, I won't say easy, but it definitely works you out. :) What I like about it is that it is flexible, I may get 20 reps of a particular exercise in, while someone else may only have 10 reps, but we each may have the same level of exertion. I will go back after the Insanity phase and hit my weight machine routine for a few weeks. I really like the change and keeping my body guessing. Since I don't race bikes anymore, my best move has been going to a personal trainer. He has helped me the most; primarily by getting the diet right for me. It was the little changes that have helped me the most. I like the trainer even though that is more expensive, it has given us the best results. I have one on one time & as I mentioned before, the diet changes that our trainer helped me focus on. No major changes, more like some minor tweaks.

I can say that CraigLee & MzBling are doing something right. They look great. :D Hope I can meet up with you guys again this spring, & hope I'm not banged up. :D

Great to hear from you lady! I was wondering how you're doing. Please let us know if you're out again for the festival. Your words are inspiring. Yeah! Trainers are great because they do push you and help you keep the pace. They also help you come up with ideas we might not have thought of to reach our goals.

You're so cool! :ap I was also inspired with our conversation with you on how you do your own wrenching.

See you soon?

As the man said "eat less, move more".
I think the movement has to be of your own making though and not sitting on your bike or in a car etc.:)
I always find I put some weight on over Christmas (any where from 7-10lbs I suppose) but seeing as I'm about 160lbs usually that's a significant enough change. But once I get back into the habit of not eating between meals I find I stop feeling so hungry. A lot of eating is just habit.
My problem is that I don't enjoy "rabbit food". I'm too fond of meat and processed carbs. I just have to try to make sure I don't have too much of them.

How's your bike doin'? Did you do all of the modifications on her and are you happy with it?

Thanks for your honesty regarding your diet. We all can relate to that one! Why can't veggies taste like pizza? :wall

One of the things me and my wife started doing when we eat out is share a meal,restraunts give too large of portions for one of us, so well get an extra salad and tell em bring an extra plate then share the main course. Get some looks when we cut a cheeseburger in half but I feel being 55 at 6` tall 198lbs is worth it I weighed 225lbs a few years ago high cholesterol edge of diabetes woke me up,you can still eat out with friends just have to be smart about it...

After we order two meals we always groan and look at each other and ask "why didn't we order one meal and split it"! .....ok! We'll be more diligent in that! Good job! :ap

Last edited by a moderator:
Back