free website stats program Live long! Ride hard! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Live long! Ride hard!

Moderation is the perfect word! It's hard because when riding especially with friends, it's like a constant party out there on the road. Learning that it's about the conversation and not what's on my plate has made a difference. thanks friend! You're absolutely right!

Have to agree with HDD & MzB...I guess we all should listen to our inner voice telling us what our loved ones tell us... :s

Take care by watching what we eat and drink so we will live longer and be a good example for our kids and grand kids.:small3d026:

Wow... everyone's on the same page. Great! :s Good stuff......

Have a friend whose father lost everthing in 4 weeks. Had some blood in his urin. They found cancer, operated, cut eveything out, kemo. He had to quit working, lost his job, lost his house, has a bag on his hip. And he is younger than me. Made me start thinking about how I was taken care of myself. I started eating better, walking 2 miles aday, going up to 4 soon, taking vitamins supplments. This is just a start of a new way of life. I love my family and riding to much to do anything less than take care of myself.....Ride long! Ride hard! Ride healthy!!!:small3d026:

Excellent words.... sorry about your friends father. We all get a wake up call at some point. I did too. Hang in there and stay on that good path!

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to agree with HDD & MzB...I guess we all should listen to our inner voice telling us what our loved ones tell us... :s

Take care by watching what we eat and drink so we will live longer and be a good example for our kids and grand kids.:small3d026:

Now you've gone too far, I don't think anyone has ever mistaken me for a good example of anything.:newsmile01:

Last year about this time I started a "moderation" program. Watched my portions of pasta and beer and was able to loose over 20 lbs which put me into my preferred weight. Well, I gained all but 11 lbs back over this past fall and decided to start another moderation program. It was amazing how well my back felt after a ride without that extra weight.

Couple of years ago I realized my leather jacked refused to zip anymore. Tried a bunch of stuff over the years, but what has worked for me is changing to an organic diet. I still eat what I like but shop local organic stores. The flavor difference is enough to justify the extra cost, but I have also been losing about a pound a month (28 so far). I feel much better, have more energy and just enjoy life more. If you have grass fed organic beef or free range organic chicken or their eggs I think you will be a convert. The only problem is that it's hard to find organic road food. There are quite a few in New England if you look, but in an unfamiliar area it's not so easy.

Couple of years ago I realized my leather jacked refused to zip anymore. Tried a bunch of stuff over the years, but what has worked for me is changing to an organic diet. I still eat what I like but shop local organic stores. The flavor difference is enough to justify the extra cost, but I have also been losing about a pound a month (28 so far). I feel much better, have more energy and just enjoy life more. If you have grass fed organic beef or free range organic chicken or their eggs I think you will be a convert. The only problem is that it's hard to find organic road food. There are quite a few in New England if you look, but in an unfamiliar area it's not so easy.

Excellent! It's definitely something each of us have to figure for ourselves regarding what works. For me it was the fact that I have a rare blood type and I can't digest beef or chicken etc.... I found that out when my mom got cancer in her digestive trac, and we have the same blood type, and that's what contributed to her cancer, that I needed to make some changes in what I eat which also manifested in weight loss for me as well as just feeling great. My husbands the opposite. He's a big meat eater and his healthy weight is maintained with high protein which is the opposite for me. We love riding so much and to not pay attention to our bodies which are so intertwined with the bike is an oxymoron. We have to keep our bodies as tuned as our bikes IF it's REALLY going to be fun for the long haul. :bigsmiley8:

Thank you for an Excellent Topic!

I started eating fresh fruit, vegs. and meat & left out the processed and fast foods. I feel much better and lost weight without extra exercise.
Oh btw, cool helmet

Back in my younger days, I was always playing ball, spent quite a few years racing mountain bikes before it was cool, :D Loved riding in the woods, but I didn't have the knowledge I do now of eating right. :s But, I did pretty good overall, then I caught the lazy boy disease, gained a bit of weight, but in the last year I have made a few changes in my eating habits, (read, cut out the pasta 3 or 4 nights a week) and now I'm back to a healthy weight again. :D

I have played around with some different work out programs, P90X, and right now I'm working on the Insanity. I really like the Insanity program, quick, I won't say easy, but it definitely works you out. :) What I like about it is that it is flexible, I may get 20 reps of a particular exercise in, while someone else may only have 10 reps, but we each may have the same level of exertion. I will go back after the Insanity phase and hit my weight machine routine for a few weeks. I really like the change and keeping my body guessing. Since I don't race bikes anymore, my best move has been going to a personal trainer. He has helped me the most; primarily by getting the diet right for me. It was the little changes that have helped me the most. I like the trainer even though that is more expensive, it has given us the best results. I have one on one time & as I mentioned before, the diet changes that our trainer helped me focus on. No major changes, more like some minor tweaks.

I can say that CraigLee & MzBling are doing something right. They look great. :D Hope I can meet up with you guys again this spring, & hope I'm not banged up. :D

One of the things me and my wife started doing when we eat out is share a meal,restraunts give too large of portions for one of us, so well get an extra salad and tell em bring an extra plate then share the main course. Get some looks when we cut a cheeseburger in half but I feel being 55 at 6` tall 198lbs is worth it I weighed 225lbs a few years ago high cholesterol edge of diabetes woke me up,you can still eat out with friends just have to be smart about it...

Back