free website stats program "Little" Ride; Sorta Planned | Harley Davidson Forums

"Little" Ride; Sorta Planned

oldhippie

On vacation as of July 16 for 19 days. My wife and I are sorta planning our ride. Just haven't decided which direction yet. Final decision will have to be made by the 15th. Forecasted weather being one of the deciding factors. The last time we drove east it rained for 15 of the 18 days we were on the road so going west is edging out in front.

One plan has us heading west to Seattle and Tacoma, Washington to visit the Seattle Aquarium, Museum of Glass and Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium. From there head down to the Sea Lion Caves in Florence, Oregon. If we think we have time from there head down to Santa Rosa, California to see Safari West. On the way home from there stop in at Cody, Wyoming. It'll be around 5000 miles round trip taking us through North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon and maybe California, Nevada and Utah.:swoon

Second plan, so far, has us going to Mackinac Island, Michigan. From there, who knows, maybe over to Maine.:rider

Any suggestions on what to visit on the way in either direction?

Hope that the weather gods bless you and the wife. Sounds like a great trip. I wish that I could get loose for a couple of days but the doctors have me grounded for 30 days maybe more. Ride safe.
Ken

Hope that the weather gods bless you and the wife. Sounds like a great trip. I wish that I could get loose for a couple of days but the doctors have me grounded for 30 days maybe more. Ride safe.
Ken

Sorry to hear that Kemo. Hope you get better soon.

Glacier National Park Montana

Thanks, HDDon, I take its for the fantastic scenery?

If you get to Mackinac come a few more hours and visit Kemo and me,we can set up a meet:D

I'll have to keep that in mind. May not take too much to convince the wife since she really gets a kick out of the safari near Cambridge. Been there twice and really enjoy watching the BMW's getting their windshield wipers ripped off by the orangutans.:laugh

Last edited by a moderator:
Back