free website stats program Little leaker | Harley Davidson Forums

Little leaker

I sem to have a small leak coming out of the stator plug. Where is the oil coming from? Is it coming out of the tranny, engine, or primary? Thanks in advance.:newsmile030:

It's coming from the primary. I had a small leak on my 94 FLSTC and had to remove the plug from inside the primary and used some RTV to seal.

It's coming from the primary. I had a small leak on my 94 FLSTC and had to remove the plug from inside the primary and used some RTV to seal.

OK, this does not apply to me yet, but I am here to learn. What is RTV seal? :s

OK, this does not apply to me yet, but I am here to learn. What is RTV seal? :s

RTV = Room Temperature Vulcanization...i.e. rubber adhesive sealer that vulcanizes (cures) at room temperature.

Advantage is it cures without mixing or long 24 hour curing additives or solvents, think about epoxy or other 2 or 3 part glues, sealers and the associated mess, expecially if not prepped correctly...

RTV = Room Temperature Vulcanization...i.e. rubber adhesive sealer that vulcanizes (cures) at room temperature.

Advantage is it cures without mixing or long 24 hour curing additives or solvents, think about epoxy or other 2 or 3 part glues, sealers and the associated mess, expecially if not prepped correctly...

Exactly right. I used a fast cure silicone (clear).

Back