free website stats program Little black plastic thing | Harley Davidson Forums

Little black plastic thing

67wizard

Where can a guy get the little black plastic part on the top of the antenna?
I lost mine or somebody wanted them while I was not around. The shop said I have to buy the hole antenna just to get the little part on top. Any ideas on what to use? I thought about a small rubber hose about a quarter in long.
Open to ideas.
Thanks

A hobby store where they have plastic beads in assorted sizes and some epoxy to keep it in place. That may work as a replacement tip.

I don't think the tips have any affect on reception - purely safety (poking) and protection (ripping covers, etc.). Have you tried Ace HW to see if they have some type of plastic tips in their millions of parts bins?

Maybe you could try a car wrecking yard-surely they would have thousands of antennas laying about.Be a simple matter to glue one in place.

For the sake of a couple of dollars-or less-,imagine poking youself in the eye with the unprotected tip.:newsmile08:

Where can a guy get the little black plastic part on the top of the antenna?
I lost mine or somebody wanted them while I was not around. The shop said I have to buy the hole antenna just to get the little part on top. Any ideas on what to use? I thought about a small rubber hose about a quarter in long.
Open to ideas.
Thanks

List: Vacuum Caps | O'Reilly Auto Parts How about this and some 3M trim cement

Go to Lowes. In the aisle where the nails & Screws are, they have those bins with the drawers. They have little plastic caps and all the other unique fasteners and caps. I bought the white ones for when I took my antenna's off to cover the treads. The threads on the antenna base were tearing a hole in my cotton cover. Solved the problem. They probably have smaller than the white? Regardless, inject a little silicone in them and they'll stay on. Very neat approach. Lot cheaper than new antenna for sure.

Wheel cylinder and caliper bleeders have rubber caps on them that fit perfectly over the top of the antennae.Wrecking yards are full of them or take a couple off of your own vehicle.

How about some electrical heat shrink? Dirt cheap, available at Radio Shack or most any hardware store, never gonna fall off. I would imagine a couple of layers of it and it would look great. Just a thought...:bigsmiley11:

Back