free website stats program Liquivac Oil Extractor | Harley Davidson Forums

Liquivac Oil Extractor

Emu1400

I tour from May to October on my 2009 Ultra towing a camper. That's a long trip and do it yourself oil changes on the road is no big deal. I've got it down pat no matter what the conditions. ... But recently I saw a Liquivac Oil Extractor in a catalog, been to their web site and it looks like it could make life on the open road much easier. Has anyone had any experience with this product. Does it work well or at all on the Ultra oil tank? Does it drain as much oil as a conventional oil change draining through the plug hole? In theory it looks like it should work. In theory it looks too good to be true.

Also, could it be used to drain the primary? ... Just an afterthought ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool little tool, one shop I worked at bought a snap-on oil extractor for us to use, they thought it would be faster, it sat in the corner and probably still is. I like to check the magnet on the drain plug and retorque to spec every change and it's hard if not impossible to get all the oil out, especially with the baffling in the touring models oil tanks, it takes 10 or 15 mins. to drain the tank when it's hot. It's a cool tool but not for me, at lease not for oil changes.

Reminds me of the electric fork that accompanies the electric knife to carve turkey and roast.

What's wrong with gravity? Works for me...

So I have one and it really works well in a small shop environment. I use it all the time in my small engines.. I agree I like to see the magnet but it makes cleanup and ease of use a plus..

So I have one and it really works well in a small shop environment. I use it all the time in my small engines.. I agree I like to see the magnet but it makes cleanup and ease of use a plus..

Great, someone who has one. Does the Liquivac remove most of the oil from your Ultra's tank leaving perhaps just a small amount that could be drained when checking the plug and caught in a bean can or something like that ... I do the oil changes at campsites and Wal-Mart parking lots during my travel season, so the less fuss and mess the better.

rw1050, would you recommend this product for someone on the road for months at a time?

Back