Liquid cooled RG in '15

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by sddurbin, Jan 19, 2013.

1. sddurbin

sddurbin Member

Thought I'd throw this rumor up for discussion. Went to my dealer and asked about new RG ultras. He only had one that was coming in, and then not until April. He told me that this would be the final year for an air cooled RG, and none available next year. The '15 models would be coming out next fall, perhaps early, as water cooled models.

I've been wanting an RG ultra to replace my '08 FLHT, but looks like I may have to hurry if I want an air cooled machine.

Thanks, Scott in IL--'08 FLHT( The Mistress):)

2. Markk9

Markk9 Member

The dealership doesn't know anything........................

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2013
  3. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

I am going to say that it may be possible.
    2014 is the year that ALL manufacturers have to abide by the new tougher EPA regulations and I cant see how HD will do that with the current configeration of the air cooled engine.:(

4. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Wish I had $1 for every time I heard this.

5. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

It's got to be true. It's on the internet. You can't post anything that's not true on the internet can you?:rofl:rofl:rofl

6. Lancer

Lancer Junior Member

lol Bonjour :s

7. blademan

blademan Active Member

They all ready have it done. New bikes will require E85.

8. Thundermug

Thundermug Member

DUDE.....if you beleive that....from a salesman....

HAVE I GOT A DEAL FOR YOU!!!!
    Mountaintop, oceanfront, near Jacksonville Florida! but you better hurry, the tide is going out in 2 years and will not be back for another 50 years!:D

9. Slo-Ryd

Slo-Ryd Junior Member Contributor

I'm gonna agree with Steve..............I see this eventually coming down the line at some point. With more and more stringent EPA requirements, I'm afraid our beloved antiquated air cooled design will step aside to more efficiency in the water cooled engine. Many called the V-Rod sacriligious, but it didn't create a mass exodus from the brand did it? Instead some embraced it and bought them...........just sayin'. Like the evolution of the Evolution, so will go the way of the TC eventually.

10. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I am kind of torn on this one, I know liquid cooling is the future, I believe Harley and Indian -Polaris will get a stay of execution from the EPA on this one tho they will be choked out with convertors and E-85 or worse gasoline JMO