free website stats program Liquid cooled RG in '15 | Harley Davidson Forums

Liquid cooled RG in '15

sddurbin

Thought I'd throw this rumor up for discussion. Went to my dealer and asked about new RG ultras. He only had one that was coming in, and then not until April. He told me that this would be the final year for an air cooled RG, and none available next year. The '15 models would be coming out next fall, perhaps early, as water cooled models.

I've been wanting an RG ultra to replace my '08 FLHT, but looks like I may have to hurry if I want an air cooled machine.

Thanks, Scott in IL--'08 FLHT( The Mistress):)

I am going to say that it may be possible.
2014 is the year that ALL manufacturers have to abide by the new tougher EPA regulations and I cant see how HD will do that with the current configeration of the air cooled engine.:(

2014 is the year that ALL manufacturers have to abide by the new tougher EPA regulations and I cant see how HD will do that with the current configeration of the air cooled engine.:(

They all ready have it done. New bikes will require E85.

Thought I'd throw this rumor up for discussion. Went to my dealer and asked about new RG ultras. He only had one that was coming in, and then not until April. He told me that this would be the final year for an air cooled RG, and none available next year. The '15 models would be coming out next fall, perhaps early, as water cooled models.

I've been wanting an RG ultra to replace my '08 FLHT, but looks like I may have to hurry if I want an air cooled machine.

Thanks, Scott in IL--'08 FLHT( The Mistress):)

DUDE.....if you beleive that....from a salesman....

HAVE I GOT A DEAL FOR YOU!!!!
Mountaintop, oceanfront, near Jacksonville Florida! but you better hurry, the tide is going out in 2 years and will not be back for another 50 years!:D

I'm gonna agree with Steve..............I see this eventually coming down the line at some point. With more and more stringent EPA requirements, I'm afraid our beloved antiquated air cooled design will step aside to more efficiency in the water cooled engine. Many called the V-Rod sacriligious, but it didn't create a mass exodus from the brand did it? Instead some embraced it and bought them...........just sayin'. Like the evolution of the Evolution, so will go the way of the TC eventually.

I am kind of torn on this one, I know liquid cooling is the future, I believe Harley and Indian -Polaris will get a stay of execution from the EPA on this one tho they will be choked out with convertors and E-85 or worse gasoline JMO

Back