free website stats program Liquid cooled HD. Maybe not too far off. | Harley Davidson Forums

Liquid cooled HD. Maybe not too far off.

I've been hearing that every year for the past few. It will happen sooner or later. Just a few weeks away from the 2012 introductions.

I want a touring version the V-Rod, would buy it in a heart beat. H-D just needs to retune for a little better mpg, that engine as all the power it needs.

I've been hearing that every year for the past few. It will happen sooner or later. Just a few weeks away from the 2012 introductions.

Only 2 new "models" for 2012. Dyna switchback and the 10th anniversary vrod. However all the softails and all the touring models get the 103. On the dynas only the superglide custom and the street bob keep the 96......fat bob, switchbak, and wide glide get the 103. That is all!

Yet when I mentioned that a wrench at my local HD stealership said they will all be water cooled by 2013, I was laughed at by some. And I was only repeating what I was told by someone who should know. Hmmmm.......
What do they say about "He who laughs last laughs loudest"???
:newsmile011:

They already have one engine with Oil cooled heads I often wonder why they do go that direction

I think Smitty is on with this one, I bet they debut this first, then the MOCO can buy some time to further the R&D for the water cooled motors for the entire line, JMO

Nope. Will NEVER happen. The company is built on tradition, and that tradition is air-cooled (well oil really).
I would like to see them expand the v-rod line though. A Street Glide version would be pretty awesome I think.

There are creative individuals creating V-rod baggers and they look nice.
Here's one made to look like a Road-glide.

Attachments

• Keith-Alessi-VrodBagger2.jpg
    Keith-Alessi-VrodBagger2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 63
Back