free website stats program Lindby Highway bar / Service Plan | Harley Davidson Forums

Lindby Highway bar / Service Plan

AZDave

New guy needs help.
I have a used 09 heritage and am looking at the Lindby Highway bar does anyone have one now on their bike? Also are the service plans worth the money? The dealers here want $2200 for unlimted service and two batteries
over three years. Thanks for the help

New guy needs help.
I have a used 09 heritage and am looking at the Lindby Highway bar does anyone have one now on their bike? Also are the service plans worth the money? The dealers here want $2200 for unlimted service and two batteries

No.

TQ

Depends .. do you feel you can do the service yourself or will you be paying no matter what ? if your paying no matter what go to a indy you trust and price it out .. im nto a fan of harley syth 3 that they will want to use so for me thats a big turn off .. course i can and do most everything on mine

How does it effect the warrenty if I get the manual and do it myself or go to a indp Mech and have them do it? Do I just show proof that it was serviced?
Thanks

How does it effect the warrenty if I get the manual and do it myself or go to a indp Mech and have them do it? Do I just show proof that it was serviced?
Thanks

Just keep an accurate log and all your receipts.

New guy needs help.

OK. Here is the math behind my "No" above.

Oil change every 2,500 miles:

4 qt. engine oil @ $15/qt. = $60
1 qt. tranny gear lube @ $15/qt. (actually 22 oz.)
1 qt. primary lube @ $15/qt.
1 oil filter @ $15/ea.

4 oil changes each year = $420 x 3 years = $1,260

2 batteries (what?!!) @ $150 ea. = $300

Other "Service Items"?

So your normal and usual service stuff cost about $1,560 (this is high, but for the benefit of the discussion)

And the Dealership will want to use HD fluids. I do not want an inferior product in my engine and tranny, so I would have to provide the fluids I want (if they would even do it!!). The Formula + in the primary is Ok.

So, that would be my analysis of what the $2,200 is paying for. Unless you do not want to do your own work, this is definitely not worth it. Especially since the Dealership is NOT gonna do oil changes at 2,500 miles. Probably double that, so the numbers are worse!!

As the guys said above, if you choose to do your own work, just keep good records and save your receipts.

TQ

New guy needs help.

AZD - Don't have a softail, but I really like the Lindby Highway bar if I really want to stretch out on the super slab...

newhd74fan-albums-04_xl1200r_sportster_09_04_30-picture1036-side_view_showing_area_after_recent_starter_clutch_replaced_everything_still_works.jpg

Don't have an opinion on the HD service plan, but industry standard warranty plan should be good for 2 years or so for a new vehicle, with option to extend it afterwards if you really are going to keep the bike and do not do your own maintenance...since I do my own, I did not opt for it.

Last edited:
Back