free website stats program limited vision on "fairinged" bikes? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

limited vision on "fairinged" bikes?

One of the first things that they tell you in the riding courses is to keep your head and eyes up. If you're looking at something right in front of your bike you don't have time to avoid it anyway. I've ridden with Windshield, fairing and nothing. The only time I notice a problem with the fairing is when I'm trying to line up the front wheel in the chock on the lift table.

I don't notice any visual difference,definately do notice that with the fairing my body doesn't feel so wind battered after a long ride:D

First time with a fairing for me too. Had no problems and really enjoy it! Maybe it's something that comes with old age!..... :D

Walt

I don't notice any visual difference,definately do notice that with the fairing my body doesn't feel so wind battered after a long ride:D

I test-rode several bikes this past weekend that didn't have a fairing or windshield. They definitely made me appreciate the fairing evern more; especially riding at highway speeds head-on into a 30 mph wind. :bigsmiley30:

I used to have the same exact thought, and said since I'm only 5'9" that there was no way I would be comfortable trying to see around that fairing.
Well, now that I have it, it doesnt even seem to be there. You get used to it real quick.

hey guys new to the forum and also my first bike and first harley, i have a 2007 dyna super glide i am trying to find a batwing style fairing, was wondering if anyone had any help, thanks

Bill I see the batwing fairings on sale with ebay all the time, if you bid right you can get a pretty good deal:newsmile082:

I went from a Heritage to a Street Glide. It only took a few minutes in the saddle to get used to it. I must say I really enjoy this bike. Everything from the radio to my fingers not freezing on cold days makes me like the fairing that much more. I have an 86 mile one way comute to work and my hands would feel like they were gonna fall off on mid 40deg. and lower mornings when I rode the Heritage in. Now, the fairing blocks that wind from my hands. MAN, what a difference!!

Back