free website stats program Lights Out | Harley Davidson Forums

Lights Out

Craig8558

Help please, I have a problem with my 96 FLSTC. While riding at night all the light go out, for about 5 to 15 seconds. The motor is still running. I have checked out all the wiring and nothing seems to be bad. Any ideas as to what my be causing this issue??

The schematic for that bike show 2 circuit breakers. Possible one of them handles the lighting and is getting old and could use replacement.

glider, thanks for the quick responce. the schematic that is the harley book I bought from the dealer only show one 10 amp circuit breaker. it is mounted on the rear tire deflector. where is the second one you are talking about?
thanks again
craig

Don't know the location but it is part #192 & 196 here.

HD1065304.gif

glider, once again thanks for the quick responce. I checked out the bikebanit site. 192 is the 15 amp circuit breaker and 196 is the fuse box. And I know where they are on the bike. I will replace the main 15 amp circuit breaker and the 12 volt 15 amp light fuse, and then let you know if that done the trick. By the way just one more question. Do you think the voltage regulator or stator could be part of the probelm?
Thanks
Craig

Not with just lights out problem.

192:
CIRCUIT BREAKER, 15 AMP

196:
CIRCUIT BREAKER
(BLACK)

Last edited:
Back