free website stats program Lighting | Harley Davidson Forums

Lighting

orourcs

This morning coming in to work I saw a Heritage Classic with lights up under the tank. They looked great reflecting off the chrome on the engine and other parts. Can anyone recommend what type of lights I should be looking for and some brand names. Thanks

There are many different brands. A google search for "neon or led mcy. lights" or "ground effects lights" should turn up a few. Ebay has lots of vendors.Check local/state laws for color and placement restrictions before you buy.

Check the DMV code for your state. Some states auxiliary accent led lights that are on while moving can create a ticket.

This morning coming in to work I saw a Heritage Classic with lights up under the tank. They looked great reflecting off the chrome on the engine and other parts. Can anyone recommend what type of lights I should be looking for and some brand names. Thanks

Might want to use the Search Tab and type in LED trim lights to find related threads. Fourdogs had a neat LED lighting system if memory serves...!

http://www.hdtimeline.com/touring_models/18209-led_lighting.html

One other thing, make sure you wire a switch in series and fuse the LED strings in the event wires get crossed you will not smoke your harness wiring, and light only when parked to not attract unneeded law attention...!:s

Stay away from neon, use LED. The neon lights require a lot more juice to run and have extra transformers, etc. that have to be located somewhere.
The neon lights also run into problems with the type and length of wire you have to use. You can run a lot more LEDs without taxing your charging system.

Back