free website stats program Lightest Helmet | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lightest Helmet

I bought a "Hybrid" helmet from Harley, and I really like it. It is lighter than a carbon fiber helmet, and I like the looks better. About $200.00

NEWHD74FAN wins again & gotta say that's a sweet look'n helmet. Carbon Fiber's going to be your best bet, but ex$pen$ive indeed. I have a Sparx FF helmet & it's lighter than my Scorpion, but they do make nice open face ones too...take a look:

SPARX HELMETS

I have had good luck with HJC. I have one full face HJC, one full face HJC with the flip up front, (I really like the one with the flip up front too BTW) and then I have a half helmet made by HD. I like that one too, not just because it matches my bike either.

You will get used to any of them over time, but I like my full face helmets when we ride the dual sports, mostly because the dual sport bikes have the knobby tires & sometimes I worry about breaking traction on the pavement a bit more than I do on the Harley. The knobby tires however, allow me to get around the farm. :s

Looking to buy a new helmet and need the lightest one i can get have neck problems,

I had my neck fused from the C4 - C6 and I can tell you I need a ultra light helmet or my neck gives me severe headaches. I have used an HJC Carbon 3/4 helmet now for two years and it works great for me. They are not cheap, but worth the money to aviod the headaches. I've tried 1/2 helmets (non carbon) and the HD Ultra Jet (non carbon) and both do not work for me.

Good luck with your search!.....

Had C7-T1 fused. I find my winshield really cuts down on the force my head takes. I've got a HD flip-up helmet, not the lightest. To be honest, never thought about a lighter helmet because I don't get a soar neck thanks to the winshield. Just a thought to get a taller winshield for your RG.

I much prefer my Voss derby bucket. And only about $20! I know I know... it's my one evil vice. And don't do as I do, be safe!

In Washington it's technically an equipment violation. I run the risk with my non-DOT but I figure it's about the same level of evil as driving with a bad tail light.

The carbon fiber helmets are the lightest ones. Like NEWHD says, you should look for some reviews to see if there is a problem with the operations of visors, shields and the like. A half helmet is lighter than a 3/4 or a full. kind of depends on how much coverage you want.

1 lb, 2 oz. That is pretty light...$218 NEW (MSRP $250) not too bad on the wallet...! :coffee

Harley-Davidson® Carbon Kevlar Bernie Helmet 98338-09VM

3679.jpg

Back