free website stats program lighted passenger footrests | Harley Davidson Forums

lighted passenger footrests

jd140400

i am thinking of installing ( i asked santa for them) lighted passenger footrests ( red led on the bottom side) that would also be like a side marker when folded up, i have the harley brake light conversion kit that lights up both the brake and rear turn lens ( they are red with a standard bulb) when the brake is applied, i am wondering if i could hook the led's into the rear turn:rider signal wiring and make the led's work as a side turn signal along with being a running light or is there a special need for adding more load to the turn signal circuit?

Attachments

• P10101082.jpg
    P10101082.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 29
The TSM/TSSM circuit is sensitive to voltage changes when it comes to adding draw in the circuit. You may get by with the addition of LED bulbs but wiring them for running and turn signals both would require some more work.

The TSM/TSSM circuit is sensitive to voltage changes when it comes to adding draw in the circuit. You may get by with the addition of LED bulbs but wiring them for running and turn signals both would require some more work.

Don't mess with the turnsignals for power, use the license plate illumination light circuit...your LEDs draw much less power than standard bulbs...quick and easy as the wiring is outback anyway. :ap

Back