free website stats program Light ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Light ?

Are the rear turn signals on a 2009 ultra, should they stay on like a running light like the fronts or not? My front turn signals stay on light a park light until i use them, but the back does not stay on, until I hit the switch.

That's the way they should work unless you install a module from the dealer that makes them running and brake lights too.

Front's on as running lights but not the rears.

On the rear of a 2009 Dyna they remain off and are only used for turn signals. Pretty sure it is the same on your 2009 also.

Once again thanks for the super fast reply guys, I wasn't sure and just really noticed it the other day. LOL, maybe I should pay attention.

As they come from the factory the rear turn signals are only turn signals they can be modified to be running lights but this takes the addition of a module designed for the task

Brian

I don't know about the US but in Canada, if you add the module to make the rear turn signals work as running lights as well as turn signals, you have to also change the lenses from amber to red. It's illegal to have amber running lights at the rear of the bike.

I don't know about the US but in Canada, if you add the module to make the rear turn signals work as running lights as well as turn signals, you have to also change the lenses from amber to red. It's illegal to have amber running lights at the rear of the bike.

The kit you buy with the module includes the red lenses. America is the same thing you cant have amber running lights in the rear.

Spend some "quality time" with the bike :D

Usually spend alot of time with it, just on the seat lookin forward, LOL. Reason I asked is I noticed it when I put the Fuelpak on, just wonderin if it was messin with the lights. Never really paid attention to it before.

Back