free website stats program light problem | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

light problem

I bet the tire pressures are low.:no

The OP hasn't been back since posting this , I guess he doesn't want to see all the .....replies.

Hi Everyone!
I'm back - (OP here). I never thought there would be so much input on this! Big thanks go out for all of your replies.

So, to clarify, both blinkers light up erratically on the right side. This happens with the blinker switch off. The bulbs and the blinker indicator do this all in the exact same rhythm. They don't blink as if they were actually acting like normal blinkers; i.e., with a steady pulse. Instead, they come on and off in an irregular rhythm, like a "fluttering." All three do this (including the indicator).

So I'm going to start with the simplest things: I'll check the bulbs, and then check the blinker switch. I'll go from the sources, one at a time, and carefully move outward.

BTW, no new bike for me in sight! I'm gonna stick with the old headache for now - the ball and chain. :)

Thanks again everyone!

I don't remember taking your bet, but anytime you want to collect, just stop on by. I'll give you the cash.

You know, it sure would be nice to know if the right-side signals function normally when activated...

I

You know, it sure would be nice to know if the right-side signals function normally when activated...

Good point. Does a 2001 Sporty have "latch up" turn signals or do you have to keep your finger on the turn signal button? On my friends oldie Sporty ('79) you have to keep your finger on the button the entire time. I did not even think of that.

Well GlenS & Hoop, you will have to wait a bit to see which way the die rolls...better watch out Allguitar may catch on and consider he is the house and want a piece of the action... :lolrolling

Hi again, OP here.

If I do hit the right blinker switch, they blink as they should, but they also act a little weirdly. While the switch is active, they still all flicker together. Meanwhile the blinker blinks, but when they should be off, they all flicker a little bit.

Glens you were Right! It does sound like a Bad Switch. Looks like I owe you $20. The $10 you gave me plus the $10 I owe you!:p

I'd think by now you'd be posting with information about what it was that was wrong.

Disconnect the switch and see if it still happens. Find the next connector inline and try that next 'til you get to the module that's overseeing things. If the symptoms don't stop anywhere along the way it'd likely be the module itself with a loose/faulty component.

I'm pretty sure the fault's on the control signal side and not anything on the output.

Back