free website stats program Light Pod Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Light Pod Kit

mws299

i have this on my 2005 flhtci Electra-Glo™ Light Pod Kit

Light up the night. These compact LED Light Pods radiate a neon-like glow to accent almost any part of the motorcycle. Featuring a solid-state circuit board sealed against the weather, these self-adhesive lights can be placed under the tank, behind the air cleaner, or almost anywhere your imagination takes you. Electra-Glo™ LED lighting draws minimal amperage, allowing lights to be left on for hours when parked. Light Pods connect directly to the motorcycle wiring harness, and the one-way wiring simplifies installation. The complete kit includes 6 light pods, basic wiring in a selection of lengths, adhesive wire ties, and a compact on/off switch with rheostat to control the lighting intensity. Available Expansion Kits provide plug-in installation of additional lighting. the switch went bad any ideas how to put a toggle switch etc harley wants 60.00 bucks just for the switch, also i checked lighting is fine tho only thing is when i check i get 3 pods lighting then when reversing positive to negative other 3 lights come on so i know lights work[/B][/B] any help be appreciated

mike

Does the switch/controller have other features in the unit like steady or blinking lights? You could probably use a toggle switch in the hot lead to that unit. Not familiar with that setup, I have the kuryakyn unit on mine.

Depending on the construction of the unit, it may be possible to open the case and splice in an external switch also, may require some soldering.

hi glider ya harleys switch has the hot , ground and two other wires coming out. when you hook one side up 3 lite up when u reverse hook up on battery the other 3 lite. i bought a toggle switch just trying to figure how to get all ti lite up then ill wire to toggle. i was wondering if the kuryakyn switch mite work harleys 60 bucks

thanks mike

Hot and ground are obvious the two others would be the leads for the lights.

Have ALL these lights worked properly in the past? Are there other functions in the controller box other than off/on like dimmer and flash?

Have you recently installed these lights?

If you connect the light pods in some of these systems improperly like reversed connections or the pods themselves, they will not light while the other side will light especially when using a splitter. Try checking the connections and assure they are connected properly.

If I were you, I would go for the replacement switch rather than jury rigging something. It only leads to other problems down the road.

ya i hear u the lights were on my bike when i purchased it. i went on motor city harley e-commerce site 15% off ,i just ordered switch. the lights always work on/off switch was touchy must of been going bad.

Thanks for you help

Mike

Back