free website stats program Light Bulb | Harley Davidson Forums

Light Bulb

Bobcat316

Glider,
The OSRAM bulb came in yesterday and it does seem to be a much stronger bulb than the others (especially the stock bulb). It did say OFF road only but seems to work well in the harley. The lower beam is about the same (little brighter) but the high beam is a much more noticeable improvement (again especially over stock).
There was a small tab on the bracket of the bulb (the shroud that holds the bulb into the reflector). I simply cut it off with some diagonal cutters and it fit right into place. The Bulb was $12.45 and with S/H came out to be about $18. I ordered Friday and it came in Monday. Not to bad a deal at all.

All in all I would say that it is a worth while purchase, low cost and easy to install.
So far it seems a good buy and I will inform of anything adverse comes up.
Thanks
Bob

Glad you like the bulb. I found it to be a major improvement even on low beam. It is a much wider beam that lights up an entirely different area than the stock bulb.

Glider,
The OSRAM bulb came in yesterday and it does seem to be a much stronger bulb than the others (especially the stock bulb). It did say OFF road only...
...All in all I would say that it is a worth while purchase, low cost and easy to install. So far it seems a good buy and I will inform of anything adverse comes up. Thanks
Bob

The OSRAM unit 80W/100W is the same brand and "look" as the stocker unit that came on my '04 Sporty. :DIt was definitely much brighter about 30% brighter directly forward, but in front and side by side it is much better in low beam. The High beam really reaches way down the road so be careful not to use on oncoming traffic that may be blinded by it.:newsmile071:

It is "technically" for Off Road Use as you surmised. :newsmile071:

Howdy, I took a heads up from Glider awhile back about the OSRAM unit 80W/100W, couldn't be happier with this headlight upgrade. No heat problems with the wiring and no blown fuses. It really does the job well. I recommended it to all the guys I ride with. Sure helps get the attention of the oncoming cages even in the daylight. I ordered three bulbs, so I'd have a couple spares with me at all times. Anyone want to buy a used stock bulb real cheap? Thanks Glider.....:D

We learned about them here a few months ago. I put them on all of our bikes. They are much better. We ride with them on High beam during the daylight hours because they are a lot more noticable than low beam.
Great bulbs and way less money than the other upgrade bulb brands.:D

if you have the headlight w/ 2 bulbs, i guess the h3 is the bulb here. would you put a pair of 100w in the bucket or go w/ the 55w low and the 100w for the high beam. i usually run the high beam in daylight w/ a pair of silver bullets on the signal stalk. a brighter low beam would be helpful. at night i run the passing lamps w/ the bullets as well. thanks.

Slight swerve of the thread: The plug on my headlight bulb grips so hard that the retaining wire for the bulb assembly gets bent when I try to pull the plug. Is there a technique for more easily separating the plug from the bulb contacts than just pulling off the plug?

Back