free website stats program Lifts | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lifts

I have an aluminum one that I bought from Sears when I first bought my bike. It costs $200.00 and has served me well but after looking at HDDons video I think I would have purchased the J & S jack because of how the frame doesn't stick out too much in the front like my Sears does which can be a nuisance for cleaning. Also, I store my bike upright between my garage doors so that both my cars can still be parked in the garage during the winter. It is a tight squeeze backing the cars in and especially with the bike frame extending slightly into the path of the car space. The J & S would be less extended and more out of the way. Plus, I really like the way it rolled around on the floor. I only roll my Sears jack with the bike raised up on it about six inches or so to get it dead centered between the two doors.

I'm no engineer and I'm not lazy, but I think efficiently--sometimes.

While rebuilding bikes years ago, I set them on a lazy-susan deck that I set on a tire, or a stacked pair of tires. I slid back on my chair-- spun the bike around-- and worked on the other side. My beer, and tools, were always on the right side.

There's an idea for a patent.

Back