free website stats program lifters | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

lifters

The 103 stage 4 kit i built 15k miles ago on a 09 flhx. Got the RB LSR 2-1 pipe on and put it in the dyno, made a few runs and started making all kind of racket in the rear rocker and cam ares. Pulled it apart and the rear intake lifter/ roller went south and took out the cams, pump and plate. Bike had a total of 27k miles when the stock B lifters went south. Replaced with S&S lifters with the travel limiters in them and S&S 585 chain drive cams. IF you run stock lifters in a high lift/agressive ramp cams, dont expect to get any mor than 30-40k miles out of em. Been wondering about mine, has almost 40k on my stock lifters and se260 cams. Rebuilding soon, so i hope she'll last.

OEM "B' liftes are pretty good but there have been some quality issues with them lately. Woods new lifters are the best and Comp Cams 875-1 (basically a small block checy lifter) are pretty good also. Some run the B lifters with S&S travel limiters.

If you are running the "B" lifters, try preloading the lifter to .130"-.140". If running synthetic oil, expect a little more noise than if running conventional.

OEM "B' liftes are pretty good but there have been some quality issues with them lately. Woods new lifters are the best and Comp Cams 875-1 (basically a small block checy lifter) are pretty good also. Some run the B lifters with S&S travel limiters.

If you are running the "B" lifters, try preloading the lifter to .130"-.140". If running synthetic oil, expect a little more noise than if running conventional.

This post is four months old; the OP probably has it figured out by now!:unsure

Update on the "B" lifters. In a previous post, I made reference to some quality issues that were showing up in the "B" lifters. PN has changed from 18538-99B to -99C. Now made in Mexico, axle feels loose and pushrod seat has changed. IMHO, some of the last "B" lifters that were delivered were the "C" lifters, made in Mexico and the process of the PN change is just catching up to the manufacturing change. Another brilliant move by the H-D bean counters.

Back