free website stats program lift table plans? | Harley Davidson Forums

lift table plans?

jonny oz

Hi, All,
I need a bike lift. I have a bike floor jack, but want a full lift table. I found plans to build my own online, but was wondering if anybody here has plans they'd like to share? thanks .

Hi, All,
I need a bike lift. I have a bike floor jack, but want a full lift table. I found plans to build my own online, but was wondering if anybody here has plans they'd like to share? thanks .

Ya mind sharing where ya found the plans...its gonna be a long winter and sound like a perfect winter project...Thanks in advance.

I looked into doing this last year. On another site the consensus was, with the cost of materials it was just a scootch cheaper than buying outright. Especially from from places like harbor freight. Though, I'd too be interested in what you've found too.

I really lucked out with my lift. My neighbour is in the elevator business. He was scrapping out a factory and there was a stock hoist there. He salvaged it and gave it to me. It is a 2000 lbs. lift with a 7' x 4' foot deck. The control panel had to be reworked because it was 600 volt so another neighbour rewired the panel and made a remote control cable up My total investment is about $50. bucks. Lowered it is about 8" high and will raise to 5 foot high. It is better than any hoist in any shop that I have seen and much more sturdy. It weighs more than 500 lbs. I would guess. If you ever see a auction at a factory go check it out, or check out some scrap yards.
kemo

I really lucked out with my lift. My neighbour is in the elevator business. He was scrapping out a factory and there was a stock hoist there. He salvaged it and gave it to me. It is a 2000 lbs. lift with a 7' x 4' foot deck. The control panel had to be reworked because it was 600 volt so another neighbour rewired the panel and made a remote control cable up My total investment is about $50. bucks. Lowered it is about 8" high and will raise to 5 foot high. It is better than any hoist in any shop that I have seen and much more sturdy. It weighs more than 500 lbs. I would guess. If you ever see a auction at a factory go check it out, or check out some scrap yards.
kemo

Don't know them but I like your neighbors...

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

I have great neighbours. Our street is a little dead end street, 12 house, 4Harley Electra Glides 1 Buell, and a couple of Hondas and dirt bikes. Kids have devoleped a motocross track in a vacant field across the road. One neighbour is 76, we went to Michigan a couple of years ago to buy him his Harley. He sold his Suzuki cruiser and came over one day all excited. He told me to find him an Electra Glide. Found him one in Mich. We took the 12 hour round trip and brought it home. The next day he rode up the street and and turned it around and dumped it. I thought that might be the end but we picked it up and he got back on.
kemo

I have great neighbours. Our street is a little dead end street, 12 house, 4Harley Electra Glides 1 Buell, and a couple of Hondas and dirt bikes. Kids have devoleped a motocross track in a vacant field across the road. One neighbour is 76, we went to Michigan a couple of years ago to buy him his Harley. He sold his Suzuki cruiser and came over one day all excited. He told me to find him an Electra Glide. Found him one in Mich. We took the 12 hour round trip and brought it home. The next day he rode up the street and and turned it around and dumped it. I thought that might be the end but we picked it up and he got back on.
kemo
Good story! 5 houses on my street and 3 Harleys on honda.

kemo

How about some pictures of your lift it sounds real nice
I'm sure others would like to see it too
Thanks
Dave

Check out afabonline they have some great pictures posted by people who have used there plans to construct a number of table lifts. offer plans as well Winter in Ohio is made for projects like that when the ridin is slim.:D:

Ride safe, keep the dirty side down

Back