free website stats program Lift for FXDC | Harley Davidson Forums

Lift for FXDC

I have an 08 Superglide Custom and am considering getting the Sears yellow lift. Will if work with the lowered oil pan and the dynas? It comes with adapters but it looks like the just raise it up higher.

No, Dyna's need a specific adapter to work w/lifts. I've seen posts where guys made their own adapter w/block of wood. My recommendation is to spend a little more $$$ & get the J&S lift w/adapter. You'll be much better off with a better quality lift & have peace of mind it will never fail.

I have a '09 FXDL that is 1" lowered. What really gets in the way of lifting is the Jiffy stand. DOWN or UP, it is in your way. If you use the HD lifting blocks, that fixes the jiffy stand problem, but now you need even a lower (rest position) model/brand of Jack. Its a real mess.

What helped a lot is when I purchased a Condor front wheel chock. It lifts the front end of the bike a good 1" and keeps it upright and straight. That allows more clearance, and lets you get down and see what your about to crush!

I purchased a "Low" Larin Jack. Yes they are Low, but they are cheaply made. Would not have purchased it if I saw one first.
If I was to do it again, I would get the J&S or PitBull along with a Condor wheel chock in order to get the jack under my bike.

That's what I thought. I missed out an a J & S jack on e-bay a couple of days ago. Had to leave before bidding was done and it went for $227.50. I'll keep checking around. Thanks for the info.

Has anyone tried this Under 50 Bucks.....home made lift.
I'm about to build it to see if it works ok with my 2009 FXDC.

$20 Bike Lift

GARY

Your still crawling around on the floor if you don't get it up in the air. Better than nothing though.

I got the Pit Bull lift and it works great on the Ultra, and for everything except oil changes on the Dyna. By the time I get the bike far enough forward on the lift to be able to get the drain pan under the crankcase drain, it feels like it is going to fall off the front of the lift. Guess I need to start using a thin wall drain pan instead of the plastic unit I'm currently using.

The Pitbull (Dyna Model) and J&S stands do not require the adapter for the Dynas. My Pitbull is on order.

If the underneath of yours looks anything like my '09 FXDL it will.

If you are referring to the oil pan spanner protective plate, both the J&S and Pitbull jacks span this piece. The jacks will lift the stock under carriage of any 2007+ FXD without the need for adapters. You should be able to leave the jiffy stand down and just forward of the front jack rail.

Back