free website stats program Lift adapter | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lift adapter

To reference cmvsm:
Where did you get the J-S jack ? How much was it ? The FXDL, that's the Low Rider correct, which I assume does have the dyna oil pan that drops below the frame.
Got any pics of it just to see it, I must have missed this one when I was searching for my own (unless it was more money, then I might have ignored it). If I am going to spend much on a lift, then someday I want one of the drive ups for around $350, that go up 30" high.

You can see the jack at jsjacks.com. They have a video and everything. When you call to order, most likely you will speak to Jack himself, and service is outstanding. Lifetime warranty on the jack as well. You can save a little money buying over the phone versus the internet due to credit fees. And yes, I have an '02 FXDL, although my oil pan does not drop below the frame. The jack fits on the frame right behind the transmission fluid resevoir, and on the frame just in front of the jiffy stand.

It's $335 plus shipping, but again, well worth it from a safety standpoint, especially if you work on the bike by yourself.

You can see the jack at jsjacks.com. They have a video and everything. <.....cut....> And yes, I have an '02 FXDL, although my oil pan does not drop below the frame. The jack fits on the frame right behind the transmission fluid resevoir, and on the frame just in front of the jiffy stand. It's $335 plus shipping, but again, well worth it from a safety standpoint, especially if you work on the bike by yourself.

I looked at the J-S Jack. It is a well designed jack. It seems to have all directional rollers which would be handy to roll your bike around the garage, but in my garage there is no room to roll it around. It also has a few more inches wider stance on the rollers than the H.F. However from your description the pads would be the exact same distance apart as the H.F. after the dyna mod.
But from watching the video it would appear (amazingly) that the weight of the bike is enough to offset the weight of the person sitting forward and rearward on the bike. (I did not see any strapping down). I would have never thought the bike had that much weight front and rear, nor would I try such a thing on a lift.
But it does make for an amazing video. I agree you do have a nice lift, but for my money, to spend anywhere over $300 I am going with the hydraulic drive on ones that raise up to 30" in height.
Thanks for the link. Always ready to view all options.

R_W_B,

If I offended you with my comments on the HF and other Chinese-made jacks, that was not my intent and I apologize. I, too, have bought items from HF and for the most part have been very pleased. The gauge of the steel and the apparent build quality of the J&S jacks, though, are top-notch are are some of the things that justify the higher cost in my mind. As far as the stabilty of their jacks goes, take a look at the demo video on their website....it really impressed me.

There is also a benefit in being able to call J&S and speak to Jim, the "J" of the team, who seems to be the main contact person. He and others I have dealt with provide some of the best customer support I've seen. This has been echoed on this thread and on many other motorcycle forums. They also offer a lifetime guarantee on the jack and all of its parts.

Since both you and I are happy with the jacks we have, neither of us are going to run out and buy the jack the other guy has. I just wanted to say I meant no offense with my earlier comments and to further state why I bought and like my J&S product.

I own a J&S myself. Yes, the jack FRAME is very well made but the bottle jack (hydraulic unit) is the same low end cheap Chinese unit used on the Pit-Bull along with just about all the other jacks I have seen.

My point is no matter whose jack frame your using (J&S, PitBull, Sears, HF etc), Always lower the frame onto the safety locks. Don't put your life in the hands of a cheap lowest bid plastic ram cup.

R_W_B,

If I offended you with my comments on the HF and other Chinese-made jacks, that was not my intent and I apologize. I, too, have bought <.....cut ....> Since both you and I are happy with the jacks we have, neither of us are going to run out and buy the jack the other guy has. I just wanted to say I meant no offense with my earlier comments and to further state why I bought and like my J&S product.

Oh no, I took no offense, but thanks for the consideration. I was merely evaluating your judgements on the H.F. jack and to some extent (that I previously described) disagreeing with you.

I am in no way offended and in fact I consider it an honor to exchange ideas with the creative and industrious (good ole Yankee engineering) people on this forum. It restores my faith in America as a strong nation.
R_W_B (an old Veteran that loves Harleys)

Hearing the word Yankee, as in New York Yankees, makes all Bostonians blood curdle, but I am glad that you are I are still friends. Take care......

Hearing the word Yankee, as in New York Yankees, makes all Bostonians blood curdle, but I am glad that you are I are still friends. Take care......

Yea I don't keep up with ball much anymore. Watch football every now and again. When I was a teenager growing up my Dad and I watched every game of the Yankees when Roger Marris and Mickey Mantle had the home run battle going on. Back then it was all ability, no steriods. They were both such great hitters it overshadowed their outstanding outfielding ability.
Later.....R_W_B

Back