free website stats program Life of the TFI | Harley Davidson Forums

Life of the TFI

Be hard to tell indicating light since I am sitting on it. As for as running rough or check engine light comes on, would that be due to replacing the two sensors that were diconnected to hook up the TFI?

PaPa T

Be hard to tell indicating light since I am sitting on it. As for as running rough or check engine light comes on, would that be due to replacing the two sensors that were diconnected to hook up the TFI?

PaPa T

That should not be a problem seeing as how they are in by pass mode now and not reporting to the ECM

I would think that it's not running as normal such as running to lean, less power, pinging. You do not have to remove the injector leads, you'll still have a complete system and it will revert back to stock.

You would Notice Poor running like without it. Maybe even Popping out the exhaust Leaving off the throttle when it Never before.:(

Dobeck's told me that the TFI had VERY Few go bad OVER The Years.....
Are you having a Problem?

Personally I have (know) many out there and NO Problems.

Try this;
IF you want to check your TFI. Take unit out of hiding and open the rubber,,,,,,, Running motor at idle,,, turn UP for more fuel,,,, It should Flood out then reset to the good running as before...Note the position it was in BEFORE you move pot one Open...:s

That will tell you IF it is working...:D

signed....BUBBIE

Have had my TFI going on three years, never had a problem with it. The best thing since grits:s.

Back