free website stats program life after syn3 | Harley Davidson Forums

life after syn3

HOLY DIVER

My dealer did the first service on my bike (they throw it in if you buy a new bike)
They put syn3 in all three holes.I was reading about syn3 in the transmission and it warns that if you mix syn3 with some other oils in the transmission very bad things happen.I want to run Spectro 6speed or Redline Shock proof.will I be OK with either of these transmission lubes?
WAP.gif

You will be better off with either of those two products. Thousands of bikes running up and down the road with them. Don't fear the scare tactics, it'll be ok.

Syn 3 is an OK oil but in my opinion it does not belong in a trnny, my choice is Redline:s

you dont mention the weight..syn 3 20w50 is fine in the engine..absolutley too light for the tranny, i found changing that to the shockproof heavy stuff made a great difference..my primary works good on the harley formulation, forget the name, but a syn 3 10w30 or 10w40 would work..(first time i drained my primary i got 32 oz out.. my manual said 26, which came up to the bottom of the clutchpack and it works much better....thanks dealer, the extra six ounces made neutral much harder to find..)

I have Preached for years, On This form and others, the TRUE benefits of ShockProof Heavy...
Never Ever ANY metal on my Magnetic plug,,,,Never...

Does quiet Noisy gears that ARE Common on HD's....

Finally, HD changed out the Maintenance Mileage on the tranny's to 20,000 before changing.

Redline is One off the Best and you made a good choice.:D

signed....BUBBIE

Hi,i used spectros GEAR GUARD in my 94 evo-it made selecting neutral at the lights a breeze and also stopped a slight seep that had given the occasional drop from the front pulley area,thick oil though.nick

Back