free website stats program Lid Organizer | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lid Organizer

Those things are a Waste of Money, I haver tried it and like everyone says,
they keep falling down, I still have mine if anyone may be interested, I think I still have the Lid organizers for the Saddlebags also.

I used double sided carpet tape and stuffed the tourpak to push up against it. Closed the lid and let it sit. Normally have 2 or 3 pounds of stuff in it and it works fine. Had it in place for 6 months with no problem.

I should have kept my mounth shut. :wall Opened the lid yesterday and found the organizer about half off. Went with the luggage rack bolts through the organizer with some fender washers. Used double sided carpet tape at the very top & bottom also. Left the backing in place until it was bolted on, then peeled the backing off the tape and rolled it to the lid. Seems pretty darn secure now.

The factory tape only lasted 1 summer before falling down.
I picked up some 1" felcro at the hardware store,cleaned both surfaces with alcohol then applied. Will have to wait and see how this lasts.

If you're going to retape scrub the area real good with alcohol first. I've skipped that step a few times over the years and usually regretted it.

Not beer/wiskey the applcation guide for those is different

Sharky1948, thanks for the tip on the red two sided 3m tape. Put it on and clamped it overnight. Works great so far.

I just installed the lid organizer by way of drilling it and using the rack bolts, and some spacers, didn't use the oe tape at all, feels very sturdy. We leave for San Diago Saturday mourning and didn't want ot get the surprise of it falling off. It is threads like this 1 that helps get things done right the first time.

Back