free website stats program Lid Organizer | Harley Davidson Forums

Lid Organizer

Just bought a tour pack lid organizer, installed it according to instructions, let it set for 48 hours, then put some small items in it. The next day I checked it and it is starting to come loose. Any sugestions?

As has been said, if you have a Tour Pack Rack, drill through the organizer and install the rack's bolts through the organizer into the rack. That's the only way the organizer will stay in place. When I first installed mine, it came loose in a matter of hours. Next I tried some very strong double sided automotive tape...no go. I finally drilled through the organizer and no more problems.

I used double sided carpet tape and stuffed the tourpak to push up against it. Closed the lid and let it sit. Normally have 2 or 3 pounds of stuff in it and it works fine. Had it in place for 6 months with no problem.

Two alternatives:

1) "Red" two-sided, 3M permanent tape
2) Glue velcro on the lid and organizer (loop on one, hook on the other) - it won't move and it's removable if you need to.

Kind of an odd way to adhere something. the stock tape releases when you strech it so as it pulls it releases. I used the red double sided 3M tape and after about a year it is holding up well. i usually have 2 to 3 pounds in it.

Back