Lid Organizer

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by oakhill200, May 14, 2009.

1. oakhill200

oakhill200 Member

Just bought a tour pack lid organizer, installed it according to instructions, let it set for 48 hours, then put some small items in it. The next day I checked it and it is starting to come loose. Any sugestions?

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Very poor part. They seem to all come loose if any weight at all is put in them.

3. Subby

Subby Active Member

As has been said, if you have a Tour Pack Rack, drill through the organizer and install the rack's bolts through the organizer into the rack. That's the only way the organizer will stay in place. When I first installed mine, it came loose in a matter of hours. Next I tried some very strong double sided automotive tape...no go. I finally drilled through the organizer and no more problems.

4. oakhill200

oakhill200 Member

Thanks, I do have the rack so that seems to be the best fix.

Thanks again
    Ray

5. RetiredJake

RetiredJake Junior Member

I used double sided carpet tape and stuffed the tourpak to push up against it. Closed the lid and let it sit. Normally have 2 or 3 pounds of stuff in it and it works fine. Had it in place for 6 months with no problem.

6. Sharky1948

Sharky1948 Junior Member

Two alternatives:

1) "Red" two-sided, 3M permanent tape
    2) Glue velcro on the lid and organizer (loop on one, hook on the other) - it won't move and it's removable if you need to.

7. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

Kind of an odd way to adhere something. the stock tape releases when you strech it so as it pulls it releases. I used the red double sided 3M tape and after about a year it is holding up well. i usually have 2 to 3 pounds in it.

8. cowjammer

cowjammer Active Member

Ive not seen these yet ! Where can I get a Gander at one ? Any site that comes to mind ?

9. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Harley-Davidson USA

10. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

Kuryakyn also makes a couple of different ones.