free website stats program Licks Solo Bag for dyna's | Harley Davidson Forums

Licks Solo Bag for dyna's

Safehaven

I'm seriously considering buying the solo bag from Licks for hauling around the stuff I do not want to fit in my jacket pockets.

I think it might even hold enough to go on a one or 2 day rideout.

But, before I make the leap, I'd like to ask about your opinion.

The bag is mounted on the left side of the swingarm, awfully close to the ground and makes use of the lower belt guard to prevent it from moving sideways..

Did anyone of you use this product?? Any problems? Recomendations?

You can find a pic of the bag on this page..

$199.00 Licks Solo Bag-2006-2009 Dyna - Solo Saddle Bags - From Licks Custom Cycles

and a photo here:

saddlebags-SoloSaddlebag-DYNA.jpg

Thanks for the advice!
Kris

Looks to me like it would be in a very bad spot........I dont' think I'd want anything mounted right there.

That looks like a bad location to me also. I use a bag that I put on my rear seat, but I don't think that would work for you in your present configuration.

Last edited:
Workmanship-wise it looks nice if made out of stiff heavy guage material...but practical-wise it is in a bad position, can be lost and damaged easily and would catch all the muck and dirt in the rain...flap is on the wrong end so water would probably go right in.

Thanks for the thoughts

I`ve had the same reservations as you guys about the bag, I like the style, but had my doubts about the dirt and waterproof-ness of the bag..

Having read some reviews about it, people are swearing it does not scrape at any angle or surface.. So I am willing to check that out myself, but I got to have certainty about the durability and that I can be sure that my stuff wil stay dry until I get where I am going.

Does anyone have this bag by any chance? Or know a friend of a friend who has one?

Apreciate it,

Kris

Alright, I am going to go with the windy bag from nashcycles instead of the one from licks after reading all your comments and surfing the web a bit more.

It looks nice, no installation troubles (the licks bag required modification to the lower belt guard) and seems to stow more stuff.

Pic:
http://www.nashmotorcycle.com/images/windybag5.jpg

Thanks for the help,
Kris

Hey Lowrider,

Thanks for the post, awesome ride you´ve got there, cool seat and paint-job.

Wanted to ask you a few things though. Did the install cause any problems? Ground clearance looks alright, but how about debris getting inside?

Thanks for the info, I still haven`t bought a bag (winter time here) but I plan to get one first thing in spring. Always liked the look of this one to carry around some small lugage.

Take care,
Kris

Kris,

Thank-you

It was an easy install put two holes in my belt guard and used zip ties and leather strap to install over the swing arm. I have not ridden in the rain but no dirt gets into the body of the bag. Ground clearance no problems. It is a small bag for small items you would not be able to put a leather jacket in it but rain gear no problem. Its the first distressed brown bag they have made for a Dyna and it came out great.

Back