free website stats program License Plate Modification | Harley Davidson Forums

License Plate Modification

hotrodjohn

I just put the Kuryakyn License plate mount on my Road King. I like it much better. Really cleans up the back of the bike. I also peeled off the reflector form the original "billboard" plate mount and then I put the original 5/16'' bolts into the rear bar. I drilled and taped the bolts to recieve an 8/32" button head screw then drilled the reflector and screwd it on the back of the bar. Looks good. perhaps a luggage rack to go on top of the bar? I might tig one up myself If I can get it chrome plated cheap enough:D I think the "bullet turn signals would look better too.

Attachments

• License plate.jpg
    License plate.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 111
That is a creative use for the reflector. Do you worry you may get stopped for not having a "tag" light? Some states require white light, not just illumination from tail light.

That is a creative use for the reflector. Do you worry you may get stopped for not having a "tag" light? Some states require white light, not just illumination from tail light.
The Kuryakyn mount has a red running light in it as well as a led light for the tag. I also ordered the brake light lens that has a tag window on the bottom
WAP.gif

Very good idea here I like it and being seen is what its all about:s

Back